Push Lok hose shelf life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Lok hose shelf life

I pulled all the blue Push Lok hose off my coupe back in 2011 thinking the car was only gonna be down for a short while. Here we are 6yrs later and I haven't laid a hand on the car. I was wondering if this hose will be any good when it comes time to use it or should I replace it with new one? Along with the blue hose I have a few sections of SS braided line also. It's all been rolled up and stored in the trunk of the car, in the garage, since then. I must note that my garage is not temp. controlled and it does get hot in the summer and frigid in the winter.

TIA

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by projectPONY; 12-31-2017, 02:51 PM.
    --carlos

sigpic

The sun will kill it quicker than the heat, as long as it’s been in the shade, it will probably be ok.

Comment

Inspect it yourself. Curl it up and check for cracks from dry rot. Pressure test it to 2x rated pessure. My hunch is it's fine. It hasn't seen pressure or anything close to underhood temps. It's likely not seen any real cold either in a trunk in your garage.

Comment

If it's never had fluids run through it and not dry cracked,play on playa

Comment

I pulled it out of the trunk yesterday. I had curled it up when I stored it and due to the weather it wanted to stay that way. When pulled straight I could definitely see dry rot cracks on the outer layer. Looks like it's done.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Most say 3 years and you should replace.

Comment

Working...
            X