Cowitness microdot with HK diopter sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowitness microdot with HK diopter sights

Anyone here ever messed around with HK diopter sights and lower 1/3 cowitness? Got a set off RTG and wanting to cowitness them with a microdot on a flattop AR. Can't find much on the other forums about it and I'm looking for mount suggestions. I'd imagine the ADM 1/3 cowitness or lopro mount would work, but I've been seeing conflicting info on the subject.

They block out the section of the aperture they are in the way of. They just don't cowitness well.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This would bug the hell out of me.

Comment

That's kind of what I figured. I'll probably just end up going irons only on this one. Love the diopter sights, and it's a short ass 7.5" pistol build. Need to get my form 1 submitted so I can ditch the thorsden pistol buffer assy sometime next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
          That's kind of what I figured. I'll probably just end up going irons only on this one. Love the diopter sights, and it's a short ass 7.5" pistol build. Need to get my form 1 submitted so I can ditch the thorsden pistol buffer assy sometime next year.
          I've seen some people on arfcom do it, but I think you really have to make sure it's what you want. Alternatively, you could mount the red dot higher and just eliminate cowitness.

Comment

Riser on a claw, battery dies, take it off with a snap.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              I've seen some people on arfcom do it, but I think you really have to make sure it's what you want. Alternatively, you could mount the red dot higher and just eliminate cowitness.
              That's the plan for now. I've got a QD riser with the PA MD-SP. I'll just pop it off when I want to have some diopter fun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17i0...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Working...
              X