Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
    Paint that damn garage door too
    I plan to, I need to replace the 1x8's on each side as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Well, my plan for the weekend was to get out patio done. I had spent all week digging for the base for the pavers. Saturday morning started like this:

About mid day I had reached this point:

I needed to oick up some 2x4's and pvc to screed the sand, so i took a break and learned that a civic coupe will haul 8' 2x4's with the trunk closed:

No rest for the weary, 8 AM Sunday found me up and at it, finishing spreading and compacting the base. Once the sun came over the top of the trees, I needed shade to work in, otherwise there was no chance of finishing it. So I sent my fiance to pick up a canopy from a friend:

And finally, where the weekend is going to end. So close yet so far from complete!

Essentially done all by myself. If i could have scrounged up an extra set of hands, I probably could have finished it. Hopefully it doesn't rain before I finish....

Comment

• What are planning on doing to match the bevel on the bricks you're going to cut?

It looks really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          What are planning on doing to match the bevel on the bricks you're going to cut?

It looks really good.
          I hadn't thought about that...I wasn't planning on doing anything to them. Though, now that you bring it up and I think about it is going to leave a rough edge that is higher than everything else.

Comment

• Just get a masonry wheel and an angle grinder, easy to do.

Comment

• everything looks great! I really like those shutters

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                everything looks great! I really like those shutters
                Thanks! The shutters were EXTREMELY easy. Built with cedar fence pickets, and cedar 1x4. Stained the front and edges and primed the back with exterior primer. Hung with tapcons!

Once the patio is done, I will determine the final location for the grill and start setting up the area for all of that. It will get a paver path ~3' off of the back of the patio, leading to a grill station with a roll in grill and granite prep area. I scored a slab of granite for $30. I originally planned to center the grill with granite on both sides. Unfortunately the slab I bought is cracked. Still almost 3' of usable material. So I will jus offset it. Granite on one side and I am still undecided on the other. Whether to wrap the brick/stone around the grill and create a place to hang grill utensils, or just keep the grill shelf on that side, basically making it a flex space allowing for different grill setup later.

Comment

• Here it is with everything laid but the half bricks.

I still need to cut/fit bricks and sand the joints. After reading horror stories of poly sand leaving a haze on the pavers, I am going to use regular joint sand. This will be almost completely surrounded with landscaping keeping the grass out away from it, so this should help keep weeds/grass at bay. My fiance wants to do something different in the spots for half bricks, any ideas?

Overall the patio ended up a few inches above grade, which, isn't necessarily a bad thing with the way my yard floods. I think all of the flower beds around the patio will be raised, with retaining wall where it meets the yard, this should help minimize the amount of grading needing to be done to the rest of the yard.

Comment

• Well, I finally got sick of looking at a partially finished gable over my garage. My yard guy does some general handyman work as well. I asled him what he would charge to finish the project. He quoted me $175 to finish and paint the gable and clean and till my flower beds.

What I started with

What we have now

Comment

• Lookin good man! I somehow missed the paver patio updates. You are a sucker for pain. I would love a paver patio but dont want to do the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Lookin good man! I somehow missed the paver patio updates. You are a sucker for pain. I would love a paver patio but dont want to do the work.
                        Thanks! That gable REALLY changed the front of the house.

As for the patio, I will have to re-do a few sections. One section dropped, amd the edge needs re-set. But it was a learning process and saced me quite a bit of $$$.

Our realtor seems to think that our house would sell at the upper end of comps which would put us at almost $130k. We MIGHT have $100k in it at this point.

We are currently reworking the inside yet again. Fresh paint, going to a gray palet, something more mature. Adding crown molding. I ended up with enough granite to replace every top in the house with it.

First up will be the master bathroom. It will get a new vanity cabinet, new tile, and we will tear out the fiberglass tub/shower and put in a stand up shower.

The guest bathroom will get a new tub with tile walls to replace the fiberglass tub/shower. A new vanity cabinet, and we will remove the fur downs in both bathrooms.

Kitchen will eventually get a full remodel. New cabinets, pull the fur downs, and hopefully add more counter space somehow. The breakfast nook will get a built in window seat.

Not sure on the time frame. We will be having a baby in June/July, so paint and trim in the nursery will be first and fore most.

Other than that, depending on our long term plan, HVAC needs upgraded, as do the windows.

I fully intend to make sure we stay at the top of the price point for our area.

Comment

• What is the purpose of the PVC under the brick?
                          2006 Civic SI
                          2009 Pilot
                          1988 GT
                          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                            What is the purpose of the PVC under the brick?
                            I used the pvc as screed boards. Lay them down, dump your sand, use a straight 2x4 to level the sand, pull the pvc and fill the grooves with sand. It helps to keep the base level.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

My fiance wants to do something different in the spots for half bricks, any ideas?
                              Fill with a nice small decorative stone (Mexican beach pebble or Canadian small). It would provide a little drainage action to boot.

I use rock and stone a lot in my yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                                Fill with a nice small decorative stone (Mexican beach pebble or Canadian small). It would provide a little drainage action to boot.

I use rock and stone a lot in my yard.
                                That may be an option. I am planning to do solar bricks in some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X