What to do with these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with these?

So I received 14 of these IR transmitters in a trade. I have ZERO use for them. Anyone want one/all? I honestly have no idea what to do with them but can't bring myself to throw them away. (Yes, I realize what they are use for, but I don't see myself in night time operations any time soon.)

Phoenix Jr. IR Transmitter.
    Emits IR burst allowing IR night vision to see friendlies, either people, vehicles, etc.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

that's pretty interesting. I use NVG often, could be useful for something like a drone, so I could see it and no one else. I'm sure there's other uses.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well, if you want one, just let me know. Actually, anyone on this board who wants one, for their personal use, can have one. Merry Christmas.

I live in Aledo and work in Whitesettlement. You figure out the logistics, and its yours.
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        Well, if you want one, just let me know. Actually, anyone on this board who wants one, for their personal use, can have one. Merry Christmas.

I live in Aledo and work in Whitesettlement. You figure out the logistics, and its yours.
        I'd pick one up from you on Thursday around 2:30ish if you'll be at work.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I'll take one or two if you'd ship. if not, nbd.

Comment

I'm actually in California this week but will coordinate for next week.

I'd prefer not to but I guess I'll ship them on one condition, pay it forward. Seriously. Do something equally or greater than this random act of kindness. I dont want to know about it, that's between you and your conscious.

While I doubt I'll run out, let's say 1 per person, for now.

CJ - 1?
            Jewrrick - 1
            lowthreeohs - 1

Comment

I'll take one. Ping me when u r back from CA.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I'd prefer not to but I guess I'll ship them on one condition, pay it forward. Seriously. Do something equally or greater than this random act of kindness. I dont want to know about it, that's between you and your conscious.

CJ - 1?
                Jewrrick - 1
                lowthreeohs - 1
                Next week is fine. I'll set a reminder in my phone now.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Solid copy.

CJ - 1?
                  Jewrrick - 1
                  lowthreeohs - 1
                  Chaz - 1

Comment

CJ - 1?
                    Jewrrick - 1
                    lowthreeohs - 1
                    for sure! but hit me with a paypal addy so I can at least cover shipping.

Comment

Darren M

I will take one and PM me pay-pal so I can cover shipping for you.
                      Putting that on my drone is an excellent idea!

Randy

Comment

Depending upon how safe ya'll want these shipped, I can either stuff them in an envelope or put them in a USPS small box. If it were me, I'd go USPS small box. (I'll add some padding.)
                        USPS Small Flat rate box is $7.15. Thanks for the offers. If you're serious, be sure to make it a "gift" and PM me your shipping address. I'll send you my paypal address once I have your PM.

NOTE!!!! These are considered ITAR controlled devices. I will NOT ship out of Texas and once they are in your hands, you're responsible for them. (In other words, simply don't take them out of the country.)
                        Also, to be sure you're aware, they run on 9v batteries. I assume the drone can either handle the weight or somehow pull a line off the drone batteries for power.

Nothing binding here. If you're out, just let me know. No harm, no foul.

CJ - 1?
                        Jewrrick - 1
                        lowthreeohs - 1
                        Chaz - 1
                        likeitfast55 - 1

Comment

One for me please. I'll gift the shipping. Thanks!
                          WRX

Comment

I’d like one too. I could see it being used as a ranging tool when night time hog hunting. Set it up on a t post at a certain yardage, so you have an idea how far out they are. I’ll paypal gift any cost needed for shipping
                            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                            sigpic

Comment

Cali traffic SUCKS!

CJ - 1?
                              Jewrrick - 1
                              lowthreeohs - 1
                              Chaz - 1
                              likeitfast55 - 1
                              mustang-revival - 1
                              01yz2nv - 1

Comment

Working...
                              X