Crate engines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate engines...

COMPLETE.. ATK or Blue Print...GO.. (puts flame suit on)...
    Like...https://www.summitracing.com/tx/part...view/make/ford
    Last edited by dcs13; 12-23-2017, 11:18 AM. Reason: added

What size? Ford,chev? Been working on a BP 347 in an F150. After wasting alot of time unbutchering what a local "performance" shop did tune wise, it's starting to come around. Been working on detonation on light excel and surges sometimes. Wish it came with timing control instead of low line FAST EFI 1.0 with fuel only. You may want to get longblock and pick better engine management for it. After knowing ATK is local,i wish i went that way.

Oops saw link after posting. Have the efi version of that motor if you want test drive

Comment

SBF/Windsor based... The one I linked to is a 347 with Aluminum heads/carb to pan.. Easy cheesy, drop, tune go..
      Well, just saw you have this one. How many miles, any issues other than the tune ?
      Gonna drop it in an 84 Fox Thunderbird project
      Last edited by dcs13; 12-23-2017, 07:35 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Almost wish I put carb on. It moves this truck around much better than the stock 5.0. Dunno if it puts out 400 though. Shop said it made 230 to wheels. Surprisng with all the issues(missing adv springs,timing way retarded,wrong plugs).

We give you more than just an engine — but engineering at its finest. And those who drive it, know it. The fanatics. The families. The thrill riders. The joy riders. And everyone in between. No matter who we serve, we share a genuine passion that unites us all on these streets, strips, or any stretch of road.

This is one I'm messing with

Comment

Let ya know after test drive tommorow. Put heavy springs in dist and maybe have to make adv bushing for the MSD. Was hoping it would be the ole drop in and go project,lol.

Comment

Nice one. Im wondering if I should go for one of the 9.5-1 compression motors instead .. Its a cruiser, im not gonna be racing the thing..

Comment

Atk makes a bunch of crate motors that summit sells.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Atk makes a bunch of the blueprint crate motors that summit sells.
                I thought they carried both ATK and Blueprint. That's messed up if they sub work out together. I learned ATK is less than 8 miles away shortly after the BP motor was on the way.

And hopefully the 10.0:1 won't be an issue on this.

Comment

I've toured the facility at ATK about 10 yrs ago and was offered a job there. It was geared towards oem only rebuilds then. Unless they have dumped a lot of money into a high performance line, which is very possible, I'm not sure I'd go that route. One thing they will have is lots of experience. The number of engines going through there was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    I've toured the facility at ATK about 10 yrs ago and was offered a job there. It was geared towards oem only rebuilds then. Unless they have dumped a lot of money into a high performance line, which is very possible, I'm not sure I'd go that route. One thing they will have is lots of experience. The number of engines going through there was impressive.
                    It's not even remotely the same company it was 10 years ago. They were building Jeep 4.0L engines and brokering, reselling pretty much everything else then.

Today they are the reman drivetrain division of LKQ. They build almost everything in house now at one of their 4 plants. You'll still see some AER and SRC remans every once in a while on newer stuff though.

Of the two choices mentioned I'd buy the ATK engine. Mark Johnson (formerly from Reher Morrison) runs the department, he's one of the best in the business.

Comment

ATK seems to have stepped it up. they're offering some nice packages. I guess Jegs is the best deal these days since you gotta pay sales tax at Summit. On a 5k engine, thats $450..
                      As soon as I flip this bird, I'll get the motor for the blue one I want to build..
                      Last edited by dcs13; 12-27-2017, 05:58 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Get on the corral and look up Fordstrokers.com. All he builds is small block fords.

If you search the corral, you will realize that just about any combination you can dream up has been built and dynoed by someone there. I can summarize it all if you would like.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          It's not even remotely the same company it was 10 years ago. They were building Jeep 4.0L engines and brokering, reselling pretty much everything else then.

Today they are the reman drivetrain division of LKQ. They build almost everything in house now at one of their 4 plants. You'll still see some AER and SRC remans every once in a while on newer stuff though.

Of the two choices mentioned I'd buy the ATK engine. Mark Johnson (formerly from Reher Morrison) runs the department, he's one of the best in the business.
                          I did acknowledge its possible they've invested well and grown. Back then it was all oem rebuilds.

Comment

Holy fuck 5k for a 400 hp Windsor? I need to start building crate engine's lol.

Comment

This one is pretty nice. Steel crank, DART heads, forged pistons ..

Rather keep it at 5k or less. Hadn't planned on this project at the moment. My 55 is almost ready to go back on the frame, need to finish that one. If it hadn't been so damn cold this week, I would have been done with the body work. Cant get and keep temps high enough, long enough to do any painting.
                              Always something..

Comment

Working...
                              X