No announcement yet.

Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. Why do you think you have a ground issue?
    Attached Files

Comment

Oooo I like that white on black, idk I’ll know more for sure when I pull the front fenders off, I tucked all the wires inside to clean up the engine bay, might just be a connector that’s not hooked up all the way that’s keeping the circuit or something from completing

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Your turn signals aren't working or the indicator?

Comment

Ok finally able to get out there after being sick last weekend, here is what I got and what I started with. Took off the new gauge cluster and put in the old one, also took the t-taps off the lines that were tapped together.

Turned the key all the way over and headlights don’t turn on, 1/4 lights and turn signals constantly on, nothing happened when I turn on the hazards. Searched online and some recommended swapping the hazard relay, I did and now hazards blink but come on with the switch normaled, when I push it in like I would do when turning them on they turn off, what would cause this?? Still not getting any headlights on, I take the test light to the back of the connector and nothing. Checked all fuses and all are good

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
            Is 12v input the same as 12 volt (+)?
            Depends is it switch 12v or constant, I mean it will be hot but it may murder your battery.

Installing a after market gauge cluster in my 92 and it has me t-tapping into certain circuits that run to the connector behind the original cluster, it asks me to tap into the turn signals, there are 2 wires to each turn signal, do I tap into both with 1 t-tap? When I use the tester both wires turn the light on
            Either hazards tied in or front and rear wires are separate.

Ok finally able to get out there after being sick last weekend, here is what I got and what I started with. Took off the new gauge cluster and put in the old one, also took the t-taps off the lines that were tapped together.

Turned the key all the way over and headlights don’t turn on, 1/4 lights and turn signals constantly on, nothing happened when I turn on the hazards. Searched online and some recommended swapping the hazard relay, I did and now hazards blink but come on with the switch normaled, when I push it in like I would do when turning them on they turn off, what would cause this?? Still not getting any headlights on, I take the test light to the back of the connector and nothing. Checked all fuses and all are good
            Does the ignition key have anything to do with the headlights? Not sure that started happening until much later. Hell my 01 Jeep they stay on ignition on or not. Sounds like you have reversed the polarity somewhere if your hazard is backwards. Or you have a hot hooked somewhere you shouldn't which would cause your headlight issue. Is there a relay somewhere you have switch the wires around on? We need pictures son!
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Did you add a bunch of LED bulbs recently?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Depends is it switch 12v or constant, I mean it will be hot but it may murder your battery.

Either hazards tied in or front and rear wires are separate.

Does the ignition key have anything to do with the headlights? Not sure that started happening until much later. Hell my 01 Jeep they stay on ignition on or not. Sounds like you have reversed the polarity somewhere if your hazard is backwards. Or you have a hot hooked somewhere you shouldn't which would cause your headlight issue. Is there a relay somewhere you have switch the wires around on? We need pictures son!
                That’s what I thought but where, I’m gonna check the connectors and wiring at the dash later, I’ll include pics too

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                  Did you add a bunch of LED bulbs recently?
                  I was planning on it but wanted to make sure they worked with normal bulbs first, bought this car as a roller so I don’t really know if the wiring has been messed with, I checked it the harness going into the engine bay when I tucked them in the fenders and it looked good, I know the connector is good because when I unplug it all the lights shut off

Comment

ok, so here are the double wires i was talking about in the previous threads, both sides Right and Left turn signals going into 1 post on the dash cluster connectors according to all the diagrams i have found online.

as far as the headlight issue goes i used this diagram to to check power with a light tester. the headlight switch is working properly, as soon as i put the tester #2 wire i get no light, when i push the switch in to engage the headlights my tester comes on.

Comment

ok headlights come on now, both headlights and tail lights come on when i push the headlight switch in, turn signals still coming on in the off position, then turn off in the switch on position, tryign to trace that now

Comment

so i dont know what the hell is going on, i looked up the wiring diagrams for the dash/steering column and all my wires were not in the correct position, they were all reversed, can yall verify that these are the right wiring diagrams please, im loosing my mind over here

Comment

Depends on the year. Multifunction switch pinout changed from tilt v. Air bag column. Which column does it have in it? Do you have the right multifunction switch? Just throwing out ideas.

Comment

92 no tilt with airbag, I hope so, took it off my old 93 that was working fine

Comment

I’d suggest getting an electrical and vacuum trouble shooting manual (evtm) off of eBay for 20 bucks or so. Make sure you get your year.

You can try posting over on corral. You may or may not get good help. It more less sounds like you need to check all pinouts to known good schematics and just figure it out though.

Comment

yeah i asked on the corral, help there seems to have dimmed lately

Comment

Working...
                                X