Wilson Combat .458 HAM'R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Combat .458 HAM'R

The Wilson Combat HAM’R is designed from concept to completion to be the hardest hitting, most powerful (practical size) AR platform carbine ever produced, exceeding the ballistics of the .450 Bushmaster, .458SOCOM and .500 Beowulf. By using an AR10 size bolt and barrel extension, this new cartridge is capable of handling maximum pressures of 46,000 PSI while enabling it to exceed 3,000 foot pounds of energy from a short 18” barrel. The .458 HAM’R is more than capable of cleanly killing any animal in North America, stopping a vehicle or blasting through a brick wall. Using purpose designed “hybrid” length receivers, BCGs that are ¾” shorter than a standard AR10 and feeding from a Lancer AR15 magazine, Bill Wilson and the Wilson Combat engineering team have produced the ultimate heavy hitting semi-auto carbine.

Base Price: $2905.00

Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!

Stopping a vehicle ? You stop a vehicle by shooting it in the driver, and you do not have to drop 3k on a boutique AR chambered in a proprietary cartridge. If you want to sling slow but heavy lead get a lever gun in 45/70 and load your own ammo and leave the funky shit to shooting range warriors/fools.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Stopping a vehicle ? You stop a vehicle by shooting it in the driver, and you do not have to drop 3k on a boutique AR chambered in a proprietary cartridge. If you want to sling slow but heavy lead get a lever gun in 45/70 and load your own ammo and leave the funky shit to shooting range warriors/fools.
      But its purdy, too.

Comment

Ummmm, no thanks! I've shot my buddy's 458 SOCOM SBR with a suppressor and it's louder (even suppressed) and more violent than anything I'd ever WANT to shoot.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

It’s not anything I would buy, as the ammo alone would require the selling of an organ to feed it. They have 2 options for ammo, a 300 grain X-trerem RNFP bullet for 40.00 for a box of 20 and the more expensive 300 grain Barnes TTSX for a mere 70.00 for a box of 20

No thanks, but it sure is pretty as already stated.

Comment

Man, those TTSX bullets are the TITS! I would still roll my own at that price.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Man, those TTSX bullets are the TITS! I would still roll my own at that price.
              You are not kidding. I got a batch of factory ammo for cheap that was loaded with them and about fell over when I went to buy some more at Cabelas. It shot great but not 2 dollars per round great.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Man, they really cornered that virtually non-existent market!
                Neat idea, pretty to look at, but ultimately kinda dumb.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  Neat idea, pretty to look at, but ultimately kinda dumb.
                  Whole lot of this. I will never object to new concepts, but won't ever buy into this. Too much of a useless novelty for my needs.

Comment

Is .458 SOCOM still a viable round?
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Is .458 SOCOM still a viable round?
                      No; it is equally as stupid in an AR.

Slow and heavy was perfected before cars were invented and it has never been surpassed in the form of the 45/70.
                      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-03-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        No; it is equally as stupid in an AR.

Slow and heavy was perfected before cars were invented and it has never been surpassed in the form of the 45/70.
                        I've got a lever 45/70. Was thinking a semi auto 45/70 would be cool to have.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

I've got a lever 45/70. Was thinking a semi auto 45/70 would be cool to have.
                          Phoenix Weaponry, operating out of Longmont, Colorado, is launching a new semi-automatic rifle series chambered for .45-70 Auto, a modified .45-70 Government cartridge.

Comment

A little too pricey for my liking. But still badass. Seems like you could modify an AR10 with a different bbl/chamber and run the modified 45/70 case in it.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

A little too pricey for my liking. But still badass. Seems like you could modify an AR10 with a different bbl/chamber and run the modified 45/70 case in it.
                              That's exactly what they did. You're not paying them for the parts. You're paying them for the engineering.

Comment

Working...
                              X