Any VW guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any VW guys here?

My daily is a 11' cc. The first time this season that it got cold enough to run the heater I noticed that it was weak on the passenger side. It will blow hot air on the drivers side and cold on the passenger side.

My first thought was blend door actuator on the passenger side so I went and picked up a new one and while I had the old one off I started the car and let it warm up. When it was warmed up I manually adjusted the lever that the actuator controls and it makes hardly any difference in the temp of the air coming out of the vents on the passenger side. The drivers side blows hot air fine.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't ride with passengers.

Comment

I know earlier VW stuff had a bunch of heater core issues. Mine would behave similarly when the core was partially clogged. When you were in there doing the door could you tell if the whole core was warming up?

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
        I know earlier VW stuff had a bunch of heater core issues. Mine would behave similarly when the core was partially clogged. When you were in there doing the door could you tell if the whole core was warming up?

No, I just replaced the actuator. Didn't actually crack into the part where the core and door is although i can feel and hear the door working correctly when I move it.

A partially clogged core is my suspicion although I cant find any info online for these cars. I have found plenty about slightly older vw vehicles though.

Comment

Yeah I think it was primarily the older ones. The only thing I can find for the CC seems to be related to the temp control knob. It looks like that issue effects both sides though. Good luck.

Comment

The heater was a knob between the seats by the hand brake.

On my '69....

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              No, I just replaced the actuator. Didn't actually crack into the part where the core and door is although i can feel and hear the door working correctly when I move it.

A partially clogged core is my suspicion although I cant find any info online for these cars. I have found plenty about slightly older vw vehicles though.

Can you access the hoses on the HC and just blow it out with a water hose? Has worked well on my TJ's in the past.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have the Gates cooling system power flusher and it clears clogged shit pretty well. If you are in Dallas I can flush the core for you with it in the car.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Well in one of the very few strokes of luck with this car I found out through exploring that the heater core is actually very easy to remove. It also connects to the hoses that run through the firewall with a pair of o-ringed connections that are right off of the core itself. New one will be here today and I will cut the old one up to see if it was actually clogged or not.

Just gotta lay towels down in the drivers side floorboard to catch whatever comes out when I disconnect.

Comment

Working...
                  X