No announcement yet.

First paintjob,spraying flat black and need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My minds 95% changed on flat blacking it now that I've listen to guys that know what they are doing and talking about.(all of you guys on here) Thanks to everyone that's helped me out.

Shaggin: I will agree with you 100% that there are great and knowledgeable people on here and I appreciate everything everyone helped me with!!! Thanks for the welcome, I joined around a year ago and had pics on the old lady posted as all noobs are suppose to do but had to take them down when we had split up.
    Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
    sigpic

Comment

Ok 100% not going flat any color. This is what im thinking now, Save that money and put towards a 351.Im thinking i'll go back red but alittle darker than the stock red.If i go with a dark primer will that help with the darker red?
      Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geartaker View Post
        Ok 100% not going flat any color. This is what im thinking now, Save that money and put towards a 351.Im thinking i'll go back red but alittle darker than the stock red.If i go with a dark primer will that help with the darker red?
        Not really. The red tinted sealer/ primer it will not help you achieve a darker color, it will just help you turn the car red quicker therefore ,in theory, that you use less material ( basecoat).

Comment

excellent plan. factory color is always the best bang for the buck. flat black is always the worst plan for anything that is worth less than a nice house
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

No! Prove us all wrong, don't be a pussy!

Comment

Heres a pic of the coupe a couple days after the primer was done.Now it has lighter primer strips that i am going to wet sand off but was useing it to make sure there are no low spots before painting it.
              Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

BradM: i guess on this deal i am what I eat, so I'm going to have to be a pussy
                Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  Not really. The red tinted sealer/ primer it will not help you achieve a darker color, it will just help you turn the car red quicker therefore ,in theory, that you use less material ( basecoat).
                  But your really want coverage, so the primer should not have any effect, other than making rock chips less noticeable, if they just go to primer.

Reds suck for coverage, and cost too much for the look.

<---does not like red for most cars. Some cars should be red - Ferraris, Porsches, Panteras, good in red.

My 2 cents.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Go white. SUPER easy to spray and hard to see fuckups.
                    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Is there any other color besides white that wont show my screw ups easily? Im just not a big fan of white cars.
                      Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

Is there any other color besides white that wont show my screw ups easily? Im just not a big fan of white cars.
                        Yellow
                        Semper Fi

Comment

orange. any of the light/bright colors

dark colors like black show every single imperfection
                          Semper Fi

Comment

what about silver?
                            Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

Ok im wanting to spray my 89 coupe flat/matte black and need all the input ya'll can give me.The bodyworks 97% finished,all thats let is were the hood flew up and dented in the cowl peice. But besides that the cars already been primed and just needs wet sanded.Ive got the use of a big compresser and filters are covered. So im wanting to know best way to spay it so it doesnt look like black primer but not that much shine.
                              on super cars and exotics flat colors are cool. on old mustangs its called primer....

Comment

what about silver?
                                silver has a problem of striping on you. likes to tiger stripe, just like flats.

Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X