• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like single stage paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      Looks like single stage paint.
      It's not. There were a couple of places where the clear dried dripping off an edge and he had to cut it with a razor blade. Unless he cleared over a single stage...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I also remember stopping by there while they were letting it cure. You could push on it, and see your fingerprint in the clear. But it would go away after a minute or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I have done it myself before. A shop will charge you 8-10 hours labor and your results could be sketchy at best

I recommend trying it yourself on a lower rocker panel some where out of the way. Start with 2000 grit and apply m205 with a rotary buffer. Work that small section till you get a feel for the paint, if you have to sand a long time to get all your imperfections down switch to 1000 grit. Atleast that was my process. My bullet tool about 10 hours to complete doing the whole car. Mine was single stage maaco

Comment

I use to charge 1k for a large truck wetsand/polish, and around $600 for smaller vehicles. It takes a long ass time, a lot of work, and a very careful hand to do it correctly and quickly.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

its a single stage paint job look at the buffer its all blue.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_online View Post
                its a single stage paint job look at the buffer its all blue.
                the second car posted is, it says in the post. Its also a new edge car, and the OP is a fox.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Daniel.. I spoke to my finish out guy and he said he would need it for a few days.. Not gonna be cheap either..
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

No one really wants to go over someone else's paint. There is always a danger of burning through and then the shop would get called out and be liable for repainting the damaged panel. You will get what you pay for in this instance. The main difference in a 4k paintjob and a 10k is the finish work such as color sand and buff. Not saying that a cut and buff will run you several grand because it won't. But, there is alot of time/skill involved. Get on a detail forum and give it a try you will be surprised with what you can accomplish.

Comment

Started sanding on it a couple of days ago. Got most of it flattened out... anxious to see how it buffs out. Waiting on another LC pad. =(

Comment

How's your progress so far? Any pics?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Agree with CJ. That can be fixed up surprisingly well actually. It will still cost you a pretty penny if you want it done right. I did an S2000 over the course of about 12 hours. Started out looking almost like that and ended up ALOT better. I'm in Dallas near 30 and Jim Miller if you want me to take a look at it.
                          www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

~$800 to $1, 500. Like mentioned above, one concern is how much clear did the painter give you to play with when he sprayed it. Anyone competent who bids the job for you will measure the mils to determine how much overall paint is on the car. They can get a rough idea of what they have, and can do some test spots to make sure. Good luck man, a good cut and buff can make the paint job look better than a new car if done right.

+1 for Nick. I've done quite a few cars with him, and I wouldn't hesitate to call him if I were you. He def knows what he is doing!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad2k View Post
                              ~$800 to $1, 500. Like mentioned above, one concern is how much clear did the painter give you to play with when he sprayed it. Anyone competent who bids the job for you will measure the mils to determine how much overall paint is on the car. They can get a rough idea of what they have, and can do some test spots to make sure. Good luck man, a good cut and buff can make the paint job look better than a new car if done right.

+1 for Nick. I've done quite a few cars with him, and I wouldn't hesitate to call him if I were you. He def knows what he is doing!
                              Good luck getting a return call.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                                Good luck getting a return call.
                                Last I heard he is finally caught up after trying to chase his ass with work for the last cpl years.

Comment

Working...
                                X