89 Coupe in need of good setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Coupe in need of good setup.

I'm not looking for subwoofer boxes and such, but nice dash/door/rear speakers and head unit with Bluetooth. Nothing expensive. A good setup to make great sound and decent bass. The car currently has stock speakers and the original tape deck radio. I don't mind ordering online. Or going to best buy/car toys/etc to get those speakers and head unit.

*cheaper the better. I listen to a mix of music. But I need it to last.*

Please give me the size and model of what is best for each location, and I'll get it ordered. Thx

Comment

You're not going to get "great sound", "decent bass", and made to "last" for "cheap". Heck, you won't really get great sound and decent bass without a sub.

You can certainly get cheap stuff, but you cannot have all of the above. I only say this to help you avoid wasting your money trying to get there. Open your wallet a little further and get something nice and definitely add a sub.

If you're in DFW, go chat with EW (Eric) at Autosound. He knows his stuff, and has helped a lot of board members.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        You're not going to get "great sound", "decent bass", and made to "last" for "cheap". Heck, you won't really get great sound and decent bass without a sub.

You can certainly get cheap stuff, but you cannot have all of the above. I only say this to help you avoid wasting your money trying to get there. Open your wallet a little further and get something nice and definitely add a sub.

If you're in DFW, go chat with EW (Eric) at Autosound. He knows his stuff, and has helped a lot of board members.
        Absolutely. Get an idea as to how much you can afford to spend, tell EW what your expectations are, and then take what he has to offer as the absolute best option for your budget.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Crutchfield will have a fitment guide but definitely check with EW first, he's good peoples!

Comment

Those cars will not have decent bass without a sub. However, maybe if the rear deck was dynamatted well and had a decent 5x7, it might be tolerable. The door speakers are the toughest because they have to be thin and have a flat (or no) tweeter if you're running the stock grille. Dash 3.5", door 16cm, rear 5x7.
            I would say JL Audio C2-600 components, JL Audio C2-570x, with Alpine CDE-143BT, UTE-52BT, or UTE-62BT. An amp will make it sound WAY better as well.

Comment

Thanks EW! I took your advice and added C2-570x, and it already sounds so much better.

Comment

Great! Glad they worked for you.

Comment

Working...
                X