iphone app for personal music streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone app for personal music streaming

Does anyone know of a good client (iphone app) and server (windows box), such that I can reach my ~300GB music library inside the server, from my phone over the internet?

I'll probably need to punch a hole in my router for the server, and of course install the server software to host the music horde.

I figure there must be a good solution for this already developed, for this client/server combo.

I'd rather not have fragmented / duplicated music on my server + macbook pro + iphone (and ultimately not use itunes for music), makes sense to just play my served music, playlists of it, etc. directly hitting my own box from wherever I am.

I'd like a client for the macbook pro, too. I've been playing with songbird, that seems to work pretty good, maybe there are others.

I've been using the google play music app, I think it works on iphones as well if I remember right, BUT you can only do 20,000 songs max as far as I know. How many songs do you have for around 300gb?

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
      I've been using the google play music app, I think it works on iphones as well if I remember right, BUT you can only do 20,000 songs max as far as I know. How many songs do you have for around 300gb?
      26k music tracks, and more like 117G of music, I was mistakenly looking at my video's too.

google play music sounds like a decent way to go, not sure if they make it for the ifruit but I'll check!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
        26k music tracks, and more like 117G of music, I was mistakenly looking at my video's too.

google play music sounds like a decent way to go, not sure if they make it for the ifruit but I'll check!
        You should be able to stream through your internet browser without an app as well.

Comment

Good call,

Found this, looks kinda neat, seems to be 'google music app' for fruit

Comment

Good call,

Found this, looks kinda neat, seems to be 'google music app' for fruit

http://www.gomusicapp.com/
            Looks like it to me. Have you tried it out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              Looks like it to me. Have you tried it out yet?
              No but I think it will do the trick, I've got to find another app (or do it manually) to conform all my MP3 file names into a common format. My file naming and folders are all over the map and a mess.

I cringe thinking about doing this manually.

Any suggestions on that. Maybe some kind of smart software that can comb through a path and 'know what artist / album / track it is' and apply a file name based on some configurable template? Maybe I'm asking for to much

Comment

No but I think it will do the trick, I've got to find another app (or do it manually) to conform all my MP3 file names into a common format. My file naming and folders are all over the map and a mess.

I cringe thinking about doing this manually.

Any suggestions on that. Maybe some kind of smart software that can comb through a path and 'know what artist / album / track it is' and apply a file name based on some configurable template? Maybe I'm asking for to much
                I don't know of anything like that really. Back when I was downloading a lot more I'd have to go through every file and fix everything like that manually. Sounds like you're going to have fun with that, lol

Comment

Working...
                X