windows 8 blows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 8 blows.

After a few months with the system, even with classic shell i am still having issues with it.

I get random crashes to a black screen. Cant do jack except unplug the machine and plug it back in.

Its like its a video card issue as its usually when im enlarging a image, or a pop up accurs.
    A good example was today i was looking at some pictures. click on the property's and itll open the box as soon as i start to read boom crash.

Stupid peice of shit.

It's not Win8 that blows, it's your machine that blows. I've yet to have a crash with it, nor have I heard of anybody having multiple crashes.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Ill agree with you , something isnt jiving, but i cant figure it out.

Comment

are you using beta display adapter drivers, or WHQL Win8 drivers?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It has the latest drivers for the vid card/monitor.

Comment

Man I fucking hate it too.

About one finger swipe out of four will cause some random window to explode open. Then I have to figure out if a) I just closed what I was working in, b) opened a new window, or c) it just brought an already open window into focus.

Then everything being driven like a Mac, with a Ctr + key command. And not having a FUCKING POWER OFF BUTTON.

Yeah it's a real sonofabitch.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

It runs nice, but this random crashing is pissing me off. machine is like a month old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                It runs nice, but this random crashing is pissing me off. machine is like a month old.
                list specs

Comment

This always happens with new operating systems. I remember when vista first came out, everyone said it was shit. 90% of all bluescreens were caused by nvidia drivers. Just teething issues I'm sure.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Its a dell xps 8500

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (up to 3.90 GHz)
                    12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs
                    2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + Intel® SRT 32GB SSD Cache
                    AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 2GB GDDR5

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Man I fucking hate it too.

About one finger swipe out of four will cause some random window to explode open. Then I have to figure out if a) I just closed what I was working in, b) opened a new window, or c) it just brought an already open window into focus.

Then everything being driven like a Mac, with a Ctr + key command. And not having a FUCKING POWER OFF BUTTON.

Got Classic Shell installed?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

No, I don't. Is that the recommended way of making it less retarded?

I figured I would suffer through the shit, because as the 'computer guy' of my family, everyone's gonna expect me to be able to answer their questions. This OS baffles even me.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm starting not to like it at all! When I load a web page I have to completely wait till its loaded to do anything. When I visit the forums it takes what seems like forever to get to a thread. The laptop I bought came with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

The OS is designed quite deliberately to very rarely ever be shut down (pretty much never, specifically), which is how most people use their computers. It's been an adjustment for me, because I generally shut my computers down quite often before, but it's just the same now.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                              I'm starting not to like it at all! When I load a web page I have to completely wait till its loaded to do anything. When I visit the forums it takes what seems like forever to get to a thread. The laptop I bought came with it.
                              Are you using IE?

Comment

Working...
                              X