Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Man I fucking hate it too.

About one finger swipe out of four will cause some random window to explode open. Then I have to figure out if a) I just closed what I was working in, b) opened a new window, or c) it just brought an already open window into focus.

Then everything being driven like a Mac, with a Ctr + key command. And not having a FUCKING POWER OFF BUTTON.

Yeah it's a real sonofabitch.
    This is my biggest complaint - I'm surfing the web and random other windows just pop up on my screen out of nowhere. It happens very frequently ... I just hit windows D to go back to the browser screen I was on. Extremely frustrating... will classic shell fix this as well?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Are you using a touch screen slow99?

Classic shell helps alot. I never use the metro screen unless to play battle tanks or some crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Are you using a touch screen slow99?

Classic shell helps alot. I never use the metro screen unless to play battle tanks or some crap.
        No, sorry, my new laptop. Surfing is extremely frustrating. Random side menus pop up too, in addition to new entire windows. Excel seems different too which really sucks for me.
        Last edited by slow99; 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM.
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          No, sorry, my new laptop. Surfing is extremely frustrating. Random side menus pop up too, in addition to new entire windows. Excel seems different too which really sucks for me.
          Haven't used excel yet, that may be a deal breaker for me, although that has to do with the new version of Office as opposed to Win8. Ever tried using Excel on a Mac? That shit is infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Haven't used excel yet, that may be a deal breaker for me, although that has to do with the new version of Office as opposed to Win8. Ever tried using Excel on a Mac? That shit is infuriating.
            I'm running Office 2013 on Windows 8, and aside from aesthetics (looking like a fucking white-washed mess) and a few functionality tweaks, everything runs exactly the same. Get Classic Shell, I don't know how many times this has to be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              I'm running Office 2013 on Windows 8, and aside from aesthetics (looking like a fucking white-washed mess) and a few functionality tweaks, everything runs exactly the same. Get Classic Shell, I don't know how many times this has to be posted.
              Any specific experience with Excel? I couldn't care less about the rest of Office, but changing Excel is on the list of things that could send me on a mass-killing spree.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Any specific experience with Excel? I couldn't care less about the rest of Office, but changing Excel is on the list of things that could send me on a mass-killing spree.
                Excel hasn't changed hardly at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  Excel hasn't changed hardly at all
                  Precisely.

I Googled how to turn that side menu shit off ... significant improvement. Display charms or some shit. I have the start menu going too - much better.

Comment

In my case win8 completely broke my multimonitor experiance. If by chance i happen to full screen a video on my 2nd screen it crunches.

The warm areas for the corners for the menus would be fine if you could adjust the area and location - ie the extreme corners of the multimon desktop. But no, its whatever is the main monitor.

Forcing a pc to look like a tablet and run off a mouse when it was designed for touch is BS. I spend more time chasing down shit i don't like and reverting it than playing with stuff i do.

I hardly book up my main PC anymore. I suffer through it for now but i'll punch back to win 7 if i reload it.

Comment

This is awful. Anytime I have any other program open it randomly goes back and forth between the internet browser and some other shit. This is beyond "oh, get used to changing technology". This is awful ... I open a word doc, zip file, etc, and while I'm trying to just browse (surf this site for example), I keep randomly being pushed back to a word file, excel file, pdf, some fucking "reader" app or some shit, whatever.

Is there a way I can pay someone to wipe this shit off my computer and just reinstall xp or windows 7? Don't say put classic shell on it, I did that. I can't even use my fucking computer. Does txredneck do this?
                      Last edited by slow99; 03-11-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

This is awful. Anytime I have any other program open it randomly goes back and forth between the internet browser and some other shit. This is beyond "oh, get used to changing technology". This is awful ... I open a word doc, zip file, etc, and while I'm trying to just browse (surf this site for example), I keep randomly being pushed back to a word file, excel file, pdf, some fucking "reader" app or some shit, whatever.

Is there a way I can pay someone to wipe this shit off my computer and just reinstall xp or windows 7? Don't say put classic shell on it, I did that. I can't even use my fucking computer. Does txredneck do this?
                        What's the make and model of your pc?

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
                        Last edited by Tx Redneck; 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

If that's happening, there's something wrong with your windows install, something wrong with your hardware, or you have a virus.

Comment

Jody, I'm sure the issue is touchpad sensitivity or something. Whatever it is, I'm doing the same thing and it's bothering the shit out of me. If I can get to the root cause, I'll post it up.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              What's the make and model of your pc?

Fix that quote.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                                Fix that quote.
                                Bwahahahah, I didn't catch that when I quoted him. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                                X