DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #241
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,651
Default

Breaking news... my yard is all brown and shit, WTF TruGreen?!?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #242
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member
 
KBScobravert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Niger
Posts: 14,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
Breaking news... my yard is all brown and shit, WTF TruGreen?!?!
Same here. WTF TruGreen?? And WTF with starting treatments this year without calling to see if I wanted services? Jackasses had invoiced me on line before even starting the service and it hit my checking account before they even drive off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
Fuck you. We're going to Costco.
KBScobravert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #243
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
Same here. WTF TruGreen?? And WTF with starting treatments this year without calling to see if I wanted services? Jackasses had invoiced me on line before even starting the service and it hit my checking account before they even drive off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I've seen your recent pics man, your yard is SAND!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #244
hxbernal
Served Time
 
hxbernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 412
Default

This may be a dumb question but should I occasionally water my lawn in the winter?

It's St Augustine so its in its dead/straw color stage.
hxbernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #245
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxbernal View Post
This may be a dumb question but should I occasionally water my lawn in the winter?

It's St Augustine so its in its dead/straw color stage.
I encourage all of my homeowners to maintain watering through the winter months, at a reduced rate. Though this is more to try an maintain moisture in the soil around the slab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #246
hxbernal
Served Time
 
hxbernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 412
Default

Great. I have but fear my neighbors are all looking out their windows wondering why I'm out there fully bundled with a water hose in hand but then again I do have the best lawn. Besides the 2 rain showers we've gotten I've only watered twice so I feel good about that.
hxbernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #247
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,010
Default

Iíve noticed thereís way less pow annua this year vs last year doing the sept and January pre emergent maybe only 8-10 mini grass clumps of it. Last year my whole back yard was full of it.. i also bagged all clippings/seeds until around June last year and that probably helped some too
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #248
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,024
Default

I need to put down my pre emergent. Thanks for posting that!!


Oh. My backyard is FULL of weeds. I am planning to nuke them, what can I spray this time of year? Not worried about the grass too much. I am going to do some dirt work and sod once bermuda greens up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #249
CJ
User is editing post
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 37,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
I need to put down my pre emergent. Thanks for posting that!!


Oh. My backyard is FULL of weeds. I am planning to nuke them, what can I spray this time of year? Not worried about the grass too much. I am going to do some dirt work and sod once bermuda greens up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If your grass is brown and dormant you can just use roundup. Won't hurt it.
__________________
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #250
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
If your grass is brown and dormant you can just use roundup. Won't hurt it.
Will it work in the cooler temperatures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #251
yellowstang
Lifer
 
yellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,547
Default

WHy is it everything dies in winter, except weeds and fucking crabgrass! I used MSMA (or whatever it is called) last year on killed off the crabgrass, but it is coming back in spots in that area again. I use pre emergent every fall and spring too. Same part of my yard I can not get rid of some damn clovers. I need to nuke that whole 10x10 area!
yellowstang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #252
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,010
Default

Iíve read about the glyphosate trick on dormant Bermuda too.. Iíve also read it will kill dormant st Augustine.. just wanted to note that.
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nay #1 yard in dfw, svo has lawn show, svo sired bermuda

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.