Anyone actually own a binary trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone actually own a binary trigger?

I am not much of a gimmick guy when it comes to guns. I would however like to give one of these a whirl. Anyone have any personal experience with them or one they suggest?

I have the American Resistance Gear break down AR15 pistol in .45ACP. It has the Fostech Echo II trigger. It is really almost impossible to tell the difference from full auto. Maybe a tad slower.

This is a youtube video of it in 9mm.
    *Give Us A Follow On Social Media*Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/americanresistancegearInstagram - http://www.instagram.com/americanresistancegear We've ...

Make sure you get the Echo II. The original required a bolt carrier group from Fostech but the Echo II can use the bolt carrier group you already have. This is important if you are using an odd variant like a pistol caliber AR15 which does not have a actual gas tube inlet. For those you used to have to send your bolt carrier group into Fostech to modify it.

If this trigger ever makes the news it will be made illegal quickly I'm afraid.

Here is a youtube video of Tim from the Military Arms Channel having way to much fun with the same AR15 pistol variant that I have only his has a suppressor on it:
    The new FosTech ECHO AR-II trigger is out! I decided to put it to the test by installing it in both a CMMG MKG-45 GUARD pistol in .45 ACP but also I put it i...

This is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
    2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
    2011 Harley Davidson F150
    2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

I've shot the Franklin binary trigger (original version) on a Franklin gun a friend owns. It was fun and controllable. Trigger pull was pretty heavy and rough in single mode. I ordered him the Franklin binary III and installed it in the same gun, trigger feel is substantially better with less creep, pull weight, and a lot more crispness and predictability. I ordered 1 as well to put in a build or sit on incase they ever have a buying craze on them. It is fun but like the bumpstocks it's a waste of ammo. That being said they both put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
        I have the American Resistance Gear break down AR15 pistol in .45ACP. It has the Fostech Echo II trigger. It is really almost impossible to tell the difference from full auto. Maybe a tad slower.

This is a youtube video of it in 9mm.
        *Give Us A Follow On Social Media*Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/americanresistancegearInstagram - http://www.instagram.com/americanresistancegear We've ...

Make sure you get the Echo II. The original required a bolt carrier group from Fostech but the Echo II can use the bolt carrier group you already have. This is important if you are using an odd variant like a pistol caliber AR15 which does not have a actual gas tube inlet. For those you used to have to send your bolt carrier group into Fostech to modify it.

If this trigger ever makes the news it will be made illegal quickly I'm afraid.

Here is a youtube video of Tim from the Military Arms Channel having way to much fun with the same AR15 pistol variant that I have only his has a suppressor on it:
        The new FosTech ECHO AR-II trigger is out! I decided to put it to the test by installing it in both a CMMG MKG-45 GUARD pistol in .45 ACP but also I put it i...

This is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
        Can you make it run like in that second video?

Comment

So dude in the video keeps calling that gun a "pistol" with a brace and keeps shouldering it...? That's a problem right?....

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            So dude in the video keeps calling that gun a "pistol" with a brace and keeps shouldering it...? That's a problem right?....
            Not any more.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not “make” a short-barreled rifle because in the configuration as submitted to and approved by FATD, it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder.

If, however, the shooter/possessor takes affirmative steps to configure the device for use as a shoulder-stock — for example, configuring the brace so as to permanently affix it to the end of a buffer tube, (thereby creating a length that has no other purpose than to facilitate its use as a stock), removing the arm-strap, or otherwise undermining its ability to be used as a brace — and then in fact shoots the firearm from the shoulder using the accessory as a shoulder stock, that person has objectively “redesigned” the firearm for the purposes of the NFA.

Therefore, an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not re-configured for use as a shoulder stock — even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder.

Comment

I have some Geiselle triggers and you can get faster fire with them too. It doesn't do the shoot on reset though. I think that round going off would freak me out.

Comment

I keep putting off the purchase. Glad I have, each of the companies has come out with revisions in a fairly short order.

Any thoughts on the triggers getting lumped into the bump-fire ban?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Not any more.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...al-3.21.17.pdf
                  Interesting. Wonder how long that will last?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    I keep putting off the purchase. Glad I have, each of the companies has come out with revisions in a fairly short order.

Any thoughts on the triggers getting lumped into the bump-fire ban?
                    The 3rd iteration of the Franklin armory trigger seems to have it down finally. The 2nd gen echo trigger only modified one small part to allow it to run with your existing full auto rated bolt. With the gen 1 it required their proprietary bolt.

I'm stuck on the echo II trigger if I get one. I've seen some videos where its impressive and then others where it seems meh for $440 (the cheapest I've seen it shipped so far)

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I have some Geiselle triggers and you can get faster fire with them too. It doesn't do the shoot on reset though. I think that round going off would freak me out.
                      I have their SD3G trigger and its beyond light pull and super short reset. I can get it going pretty good. But nothing like the ones in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Can you make it run like in that second video?
                        Yeah. It takes a little getting used to but very quickly you get the hang of it. Weird at first. I shot it at an indoor range where they do not allow rapid fire except on the machine guns they rent. But if you ask they will send a range officer to go with you and let you rapid fire. He has to be there to stop you if your mussel starts to rise and shoot the ceiling. So I didnt get to do it a lot but it is in fact hard not to go that fast. Its like a chain reaction starts slow and grows until the mag is empty. With practice I think you could control the speed.

I do think the Fostech Echo II is the best of those out there and my experience with it has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                          The 3rd iteration of the Franklin armory trigger seems to have it down finally. The 2nd gen echo trigger only modified one small part to allow it to run with your existing full auto rated bolt. With the gen 1 it required their proprietary bolt.

I'm stuck on the echo II trigger if I get one. I've seen some videos where its impressive and then others where it seems meh for $440 (the cheapest I've seen it shipped so far)
                          On the AR15 lower there is a small void area just behind the trigger assembly. This void is where the auto-sear would go on a full auto. Some AR15 makers will put a bar across there to prevent someone from installing an auto-sear. This is a problem as I recall for the Echo trigger too. Part of it extends into this area. I believe Colt was the one most likely to have this issue. Just something good to know given how expensive the Echo trigger is before you buy it.

Comment

On the AR15 lower there is a small void area just behind the trigger assembly. This void is where the auto-sear would go on a full auto. Some AR15 makers will put a bar across there to prevent someone from installing an auto-sear. This is a problem as I recall for the Echo trigger too. Part of it extends into this area. I believe Colt was the one most likely to have this issue. Just something good to know given how expensive the Echo trigger is before you buy it.
                            That's ok. I've got some blocks for milling out 80% lowers, and I've got a mill.

Comment

If this trigger ever makes the news it will be made illegal quickly I'm afraid
                              That's exactly what I thought after watching the first video. It's pretty bad ass but would make the anti-gun crew shit their pants (or cream them, who knows with those dip shits). Certainly makes me want a take down pistol even more. What a perfect 'truck gun'..

Comment

Working...
                              X