No announcement yet.

Fracking Harley dealers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be wrong but that looks like Vance and Hines on that bike. I know they have changed up their pipes at least twice in a effort to free up ground clearance. People have complained about scraping with the older versions for years but yeah, they other complaint is heat. Im thinking about getting that same exhaust for mine but was thinking about ordering it in raw stainless and sending it to Swain Tech for their white lightning coating and then hitting it with high temp black rattle can when it gets back. I bet it would be worlds better. Im not crazy about wraps either.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      You know the only place I remember my V getting hot was around my inner thigh because of the head and my Corbin seat. That was only at traffic lights. I rode my FLH the other day in shorts and it was frying my GD right calf. Not sure about the V but they do sell air deflectors for several HD's that move air down and around your thigh and legs.
      Im not sure how that would work. As soon as the radiator fans kick on, there is some serious heat being directed at your inner legs. I would think air deflectors would make it damn near unbearable, not to mention silly looking

Comment

yeah they are the V&H "indy" pipes. From what i was told they're relatively new, and the owner hasnt had any issues. He said he dragged peg at the same time as the exhaust on the right side, which is alright with me. I was going to send mine to a local place (for me) to Polydyn.

Since 1979, PolyDyn Performance Coatings have been protecting and enhancing vital engine parts with their unique and innovative engine coatings.

If its good enough for nascar/WOO/nhra/etc, it should work well on my application. its just a matter of getting a complete coating inside and out.
        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
          Im not sure how that would work. As soon as the radiator fans kick on, there is some serious heat being directed at your inner legs. I would think air deflectors would make it damn near unbearable, not to mention silly looking
          On the FLH I saw them on you couldn't really tell unless someone pointed it out to you.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            I could be wrong but that looks like Vance and Hines on that bike. I know they have changed up their pipes at least twice in a effort to free up ground clearance. People have complained about scraping with the older versions for years but yeah, they other complaint is heat. Im thinking about getting that same exhaust for mine but was thinking about ordering it in raw stainless and sending it to Swain Tech for their white lightning coating and then hitting it with high temp black rattle can when it gets back. I bet it would be worlds better. Im not crazy about wraps either.
            I had the Indy pipe on my 2008 VRSCDX and it dragged really badly, and was hot as shit on my leg. The bolt that held in the baffle was on the outer of the pipe, right where it dragged the ground, and so it got worn down and then fell out and my damn baffle blew out of the pipe lol. Not sure if mine was the older version or not. It was installed new on the bike at the dealer before I bought it. That thing was loud as hell without the baffle!

I wanted to put some wrap on the exhaust, but never did before I sold the bike.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
              I had the Indy pipe on my 2008 VRSCDX and it dragged really badly, and was hot as shit on my leg. The bolt that held in the baffle was on the outer of the pipe, right where it dragged the ground, and so it got worn down and then fell out and my damn baffle blew out of the pipe lol. Not sure if mine was the older version or not. It was installed new on the bike at the dealer before I bought it. That thing was loud as hell without the baffle!

I wanted to put some wrap on the exhaust, but never did before I sold the bike.
              Yeah the Indy pipe was one of the older models, now they call them Comp 2 into 1. I hear they still drag but no where near as bad but the heat is still there. And yes, I hear they are loud as hell without a baffle. Even with a baffle alot of people complain.

I like my drilled out factory exhaust. Its not crazy loud but has a growl to it. Not anything like the sewing machine it used to sound like when I bought it. I dont know about the looks though, I really like the V&H look, I just havent heard one in person to see if I can handle the loudness.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike! I was trying to get my buddy to buy one just like that.
                I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                X