No announcement yet.

Gun laws probably being drafted as we speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In both Oregon and now Connecticut shootings, the shooter stole the weapons from the legal owner.

The vehicle the suspect drove to the school was registered to his mother. Sources told Fox News the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza.

And this little ending in the President's speech today:
    "These neighbors are our neighbors, and these children are our children, and we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this -- regardless of the politics,"
    Oh ya...anti-gun stuff is coming.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
      People are already offering up solutions to this tragedy. There isn't one. Evil people exist. They always will. Some people are simply born broken. They want to rape, kill, hurt, whatever. You can prepare for them, look out for them, and do your best to be vigilant, but you can't legislate them or counsel them to not be broken.
      Please excuse me if I use that post elsewhere. Well said.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Demons exist.

That is all.
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Is it bad that I honestly don't want to put my life on hold because of this? I mean, history repeats itself, are we going to stop at every instance along the way?

The radio is refusing to play gun commercials, ESPN cant use the word shooter or standoff in any highlights until 12 Sunday...how again does this help or hurt the situation?
          On the first part, no you're not. I think some of the biggest mistakes are 1) Putting too much stock in the BS being spewed by the media right now and 2) letting these idiots get to you. I continued my daily life, but honestly it has been in the back of my mind since I heard about it yesterday.

On your second part, not it does not help in anyway. I've been saying for years that the media is public enemy number one and shit like that proves it.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Please excuse me if I use that post elsewhere. Well said.
            No worries, I borrowed it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
              Demons exist.

That is all.
              And by the way they've been acting as of late, I'd say they know their days are numbered.

Comment

Problem is this country has become too soft. I had a very liberal friend of mine ask me yesterday if this changed my mind on gun control. I turned that around and asked him if it changed his. Sure if this was a fairy tale like liberals think it is and our fairy god mother shook her wand and made every gun on the planet disappear then it might work. Instead though, as I pointed out to him, what if there was one or more people there with concealed weapons? The death toll might have been a lot less.

IMO the NRA and other pro gun groups need to start rallying and begin putting out positive info out there and start classes and events promoting a positive view of guns. The issue is not enough knowledge has not been put out and people who didn't grow up around guns are scared of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  Problem is this country has become too soft. I had a very liberal friend of mine ask me yesterday if this changed my mind on gun control. I turned that around and asked him if it changed his. Sure if this was a fairy tale like liberals think it is and our fairy god mother shook her wand and made every gun on the planet disappear then it might work. Instead though, as I pointed out to him, what if there was one or more people there with concealed weapons? The death toll might have been a lot less.

IMO the NRA and other pro gun groups need to start rallying and begin putting out positive info out there and start classes and events promoting a positive view of guns. The issue is not enough knowledge has not been put out and people who didn't grow up around guns are scared of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                  Did you see the Peirs Morgan Show on CNN? Holy crap, this time, this debate will be like no other... you can bet on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Did you see the Peirs Morgan Show on CNN? Holy crap, this time, this debate will be like no other... you can bet on that.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      Problem is this country has become too soft.
                      This is a horrible argument in the case of the current shooting. Are you saying the kindergarteners needed to be harder? Are you saying the locked doors that required visitors be buzzed in needed to be harder? Are you saying elementary teachers while teaching need to be harder? Are you saying the principal needed to be harder? She died trying to protect the kids.

This shooting is something where saying 'America is weak' can be so easily be used by the anti-gun crowd to make the gun crowd seem foolish that you have to be careful where you say that. On here yea nobody is going to care or do anything but on larger more public places that is something I wouldnt say a loud.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        This is a horrible argument in the case of the current shooting. Are you saying the kindergarteners needed to be harder? Are you saying the locked doors that required visitors be buzzed in needed to be harder? Are you saying elementary teachers while teaching need to be harder? Are you saying the principal needed to be harder? She died trying to protect the kids.

This shooting is something where saying 'America is weak' can be so easily be used by the anti-gun crowd to make the gun crowd seem foolish that you have to be careful where you say that. On here yea nobody is going to care or do anything but on larger more public places that is something I wouldnt say a loud.

The glass could have been bullet proof.... Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                        X