Sons of Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons of Guns

I dunno whether to post this here or in politics, but i am seriously bothered by a Sheriff putting a M240 and a Mk19 grenade launcher on a police patrol boat.

Whats next? Bradley fighting vehicles for neighborhood patrols? Patrol officers getting Javelins for traffic control? Apaches for civil air patrol?

Having a civil servant filmed unloading a 500 round string against a civilian boat was fucking disturbing. If I was a taxpayer in louisiana id be pissed beyond belief that a civilian law enforcement agency was being outfitted with such destructive military equipment. Its unnecessary and excessive.

I'm not talking about police having automatic weapons, but a heavy machine gun is not an MP5 or AR15.

Its odd - if it was a civilian exercising his 2nd amendment rights to have these for recreational purposes, i'm not bothered by it in the least because of the amount of scrutiny that goes with them...ok the Mk19 i'd be bothered by - it should only be military..but when an elected official of law enforcement spends public tax dollars to have the same weapons for use against citizens it just feels wrong.

i thought the same exact thing when i watched the episode

Comment

I have no problem with it under moral usage.

I do t know what goes on in that area of the country but I do know about what happens here. If if gets to the point that the police need to grenade the hell out of someplace then so be it. But it's all about knowing what's excessive and what isnt
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Its all bullshit. Nothing but something to make a shit show out of.

That being said, theres plenty of actual police forces with APCs etc. Lots of it free from uncle sam. I dont really care one way or another what a police force. Hell, id take full advantage of the benefits to if i was a head LEO.

Not to mention the mk19 was shooting chalks. Alsp, as for a crowd control device most agencies would never use it as one round would kill someone over the low pressure 40mm launchers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Its all bullshit. Nothing but something to make a shit show out of.

That being said, theres plenty of actual police forces with APCs etc. Lots of it free from uncle sam. I dont really care one way or another what a police force. Hell, id take full advantage of the benefits to if i was a head LEO.

Not to mention the mk19 was shooting chalks. Alsp, as for a crowd control device most agencies would never use it as one round would kill someone over the low pressure 40mm launchers!!!
          uncle sam donates old turds :0. Police departments have purchased a few diff apc's from my uncle! I dont know about a freaking grenade launcher though.

Comment

Is the missisippi delta so lawless that a heavy machine gun and belt fed mk19 are necessary? what threata are they facing that needs a full auto greade launcher?

APC's are one thing, tanks with 20mm auto cannon are another.

A break open thumper used for tear gas, compared with a full auto greanade launcher.

Yes its bullshit and i'm surprised as hell the gun community supports it.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
              uncle sam donates old turds :0. Police departments have purchased a few diff apc's from my uncle! I dont know about a freaking grenade launcher though.
              Of course theyre not getting mk19s right now, but if the govt ever surplused the shit for them they can. Until then, laws allow them to have them built and own them. Up until. May 1986 we as the public could also. Some people are trying semi kits right now.

Comment

You do know that its a show, and certain things are scripted, a sometimes outright Hollywood fabrications. Current rumor is Chris and Stephanie have been married for a couple years

Comment

Not sure I'd take anything to heart from a show that shows a gunsmiths favorite tool is a dremel, much less where the boss thinks everything they build is gonna be a government contract and go help the boys in the sandbox.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    You do know that its a show, and certain things are scripted, a sometimes outright Hollywood fabrications. Current rumor is Chris and Stephanie have been married for a couple years
                    That's crazy talk. That show is as real as the falling out of the American Chopper Tittles1

Comment

That girl Stephanie and the word "derp" go together in my mind.

I need to watch this episode you're referring to.

I will say, the older I get the more....cranky I get about this shit. I also get cranky about civilians (good, law abiding ones) having to spend tons of extra money above and beyond the cost of an item to get the cool toys. i.e. a simple 22 suppressor. Much less full auto weapons and such.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I know its scripted - I don't give a shit about their family dynamics or the shows drama.

What drives me up the wall is that they have an elected LEO coming in with military hardware so far beyond a measure of sanity that I am absolutely SHOCKED that not one person in the state of Lousiana hasn't raised their hand and said "WTF".

Our infrastructure is falling apart all over the country because theres not enough money to go around and here we have Jim Bob playing soldier with public tax dollars. Give me a break.

If they had a gun collector come in and say here - tweak up this mini-gun I bought with my own money - ok, cool. But to have a public servant do the same and say "Blank check! Make it Coooooool!" - fuck that shit.

Comment

If I saw/heard right it was supposedly/allegedly/reportedly a gift from the shop to them. Something about "giving back" to the community because of all the hard core terrorists and drug kingpins that run up and down the gulf...

On a side note anyone pay attention to the one front shot of Will shooting the Luger? First shows him aiming with both eyes open, then one shut followed by a stupidly hideous trigger squeeze that would've put a round on the floor to the next shot of it hitting bullseye. I hate the show, but keep watching anyway...
                          Last edited by SS Junk; 12-13-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                            I know its scripted - I don't give a shit about their family dynamics or the shows drama.

What drives me up the wall is that they have an elected LEO coming in with military hardware so far beyond a measure of sanity that I am absolutely SHOCKED that not one person in the state of Lousiana hasn't raised their hand and said "WTF".

Our infrastructure is falling apart all over the country because theres not enough money to go around and here we have Jim Bob playing soldier with public tax dollars. Give me a break.

If they had a gun collector come in and say here - tweak up this mini-gun I bought with my own money - ok, cool. But to have a public servant do the same and say "Blank check! Make it Coooooool!" - fuck that shit.
                            I gurantee, even if this shit was legit, they arent paying for shit. Like all politics, you scratch my back I scratch yours. Having a Chief Law Enforcement Offical on your team as a gun dealer lets you have access to lots of cool toys that other dealers without those connections dont get.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              If I saw/heard right it was supposedly/allegedly/reportedly a gift from the shop to them. Something about "giving back" to the community because of all the hard core terrorists and drug kingpins that run up and down the gulf...

On a side note anyone pay attention to the one front shot of Will shooting the Luger? First shows him aiming with both eyes open, then one shut followed by a stupidly hideous trigger squeeze that would've put a round on the floor to the next shot of it hitting bullseye. I hate the show, but keep watching anyway...
                              Here's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X