Should I sell the toy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I sell the toy?

I've had my 02 R1 forever and I rarely ride the poor thing. It's only got like 8k miles on it and I feel I'm doing it an injustice having it just sit there and ride it every blue moon. I used to love riding but all my buddies are married or have left the hobby.

I don't really need the money, but it's just sitting there most of the time. What's the most I could get for it anyway? Probably no more than $5k if I'm lucky. The bike is in mint condition and has never been dropped.

I just feel that if I sell it I'll end up missing it later on down the road. What would you do?

I wouldnt sell, 4k is more realistic.

Comment

If you never ride it, why keep it? I would sell.

Comment

Though I ride daily and love riding for the sheer joy whether alone or not, I would keep it. Is it paid for? I have a friend in your exact situation. All his friends are out of the game but me. But there are times when he needs to clear his head or just get away, and he fires it right up and goes. If your not hurting for money, and you dont need the space, keep it. If you own it out right and sell it, mark my words..... there will be a lot of days out of the blue that you will wish you still had it.

but if you only loved riding in the company of others........ sell it.
        Originally posted by mutherjuggz
        That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

if you DO sell it, wait till next spring... you'll get more for it
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Fuck man, I've got an '07 CBR1000RR with 21,000 on the clock and I'm fixing to sell it. I ride almost every day (to work, year 'round) and I'm fixing to hang up my (street) helmet.

Keeping the dirt bike, but the street bike is headed out the door...

I always swore I would never sell my street bike, but I've got a baby boy on the way and it seems my priorities have changed.

Since you never ride, do you ever feel that 'pull' towards the bike? I haven't ridden mine in roughly 2 months now and I don't find myself craving it. Sure, I think about it every day, but I don't 'need' it like I used to. Yet I find myself jonesing to go play in the dirt - I just have to finish this kitchen remodel... and the nursery... and... damn, where does time go? LOL

Good luck with your decision!

Comment

WILD HOGS
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                Fuck man, I've got an '07 CBR1000RR with 21,000 on the clock and I'm fixing to sell it. I ride almost every day (to work, year 'round) and I'm fixing to hang up my (street) helmet.

I always swore I would never sell my street bike, but I've got a baby boy on the way and it seems my priorities have changed.

Since you never ride, do you ever feel that 'pull' towards the bike? I haven't ridden mine in roughly 2 months now and I don't find myself craving it. Sure, I think about it every day, but I don't 'need' it like I used to. Yet I find myself jonesing to go play in the dirt - I just have to finish this kitchen remodel... and the nursery... and... damn, where does time go? LOL

If you havent touched it in 2 months, how do you ride almost every day year round?.......... Just busting your chops. I however ride every day, and that means rain or shine. Only time I dont is if there is ice on the road. Temperature is never a factor.

Though I respect your wanting to hang it up with a baby on the way, but do you think its safer on dirt? Just curious because a good friend of mine did what you say your wanting to do, and he literally broke his neck riding dirt bikes. He was in a halo for months. They both have their dangers.

PS... I do have kids so I know what its like to make these decisions based on kids.
                That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Crazy thought here I know....but.......why dont you go get on it and RIDE IT?
                  Isn't that what you bought it for? Do you really have to have other people to ride with you? Riding dirtbikes is a bit more fun when there are more people to ride with because it can get a bit competetive off-road...but on the street....unless you don't give a shit about the law...I've found that riding with buddies eventually leads to aggressive...sometimes even dangerous and illegal riding. Keep that thing and go ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post

Do you have any pics of the bike? Is the bike for sell the repsol in your avitar?
                    What's your price?

Comment

I wouldn't sell it unless you can put the money into something else that you'll enjoy more.

I've regretted selling most of the bikes that I've let go over the years, and now have made myself a promise not to sell any more of them, but instead start to build a little collection.

If you don't need the space or money, keep it.

Comment

If it helps you to keep it, I doubt you would get close to 5. I'm thinking more 3 to 3500... just keep it and enjoy it while you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                          If it helps you to keep it, I doubt you would get close to 5. I'm thinking more 3 to 3500... just keep it and enjoy it while you can!
                          Agreed, you will not get what you want for it. I've been through this twice in the last yearwith bikes.
                          Ded

Comment

sell, its ancient technology now, 8K miles=no riding
                            2006 Civic SI
                            2009 Pilot
                            1988 GT
                            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                              sell, its ancient technology now, 8K miles=no riding
                              Though I agree it may be a bit out dated, I highly doubt there are many around that can use it to its full potential even with it being 8 years old.

I still say keep it. Thats unless his soul reason was to ride with his buddies and not the actual love of riding. Or if he lost his desire to ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X