No announcement yet.

Red x arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also CJ, what hand guard did you settle on, and are you still extending the HG out over part of the suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
      Also CJ, what hand guard did you settle on, and are you still extending the HG out over part of the suppressor?
      Right now I'm going to try to use a midlength MOE handguard as a placeholder.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Right now I'm going to try to use a midlength MOE handguard as a placeholder.
        I know what you mean. It's not want you want, but it's what you need to at least get it out to the range.

Comment

I know what you mean. It's not want you want, but it's what you need to at least get it out to the range.
          I try not to buy shit I don't need. I don't need a quad rail, the only accessory I will use it an IR illuminator for NV, and my MOE has a rail for that. The only thing that will make me switch is if I can't make a custom hand guard cap to accommodate a suppressor.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I try not to buy shit I don't need. I don't need a quad rail, the only accessory I will use it an IR illuminator for NV, and my MOE has a rail for that. The only thing that will make me switch is if I can't make a custom hand guard cap to accommodate a suppressor.
            My bad dude. I just remember a post you made trying to get a two piece hand guard to work with your adjustable gas block. I think you had gave up on it and was trying something else, but for the time being the MOE would suffice till you found the guard you wanted, or one that worked for your needs.

Comment

My bad dude. I just remember a post you made trying to get a two piece hand guard to work with your adjustable gas block. I think you had gave up on it and was trying something else, but for the time being the MOE would suffice till you found the guard you wanted, or one that worked for your needs.
              Haha, no sweat dude. Yeah I never found exactly what I wanted. Samson makes a rail that will probably work, but I need the barrel and can together before I can tell what will work. The MOE guard works for now.

Comment

I'm feeling really tempted to make a purchase and sell my 3 month old upper

Comment

Damn...... I may have to pull the trigger on one of these uppers too!

Comment

Haha, no sweat dude. Yeah I never found exactly what I wanted. Samson makes a rail that will probably work, but I need the barrel and can together before I can tell what will work. The MOE guard works for now.
                    I'm kind of hoping you still consider the Samson rail. Their Evo Series look great. I'm really considering one for my 300 build. My plan is to keep it a DI system for simplicity. I'm still unsure whether or not I need an adjustable gas block though. I do plan to shoot suppressed and unsuppressed. Anyhow, I think I've done a good job of derailing Muley's thread (sorry dude), so I'll save it for another day when the time comes to ask the questions.

Comment

A guy on arfcom did an A1 carbine SBR with full length triangle hand guards. He bushed the end cap so the suppressor would slide in and be supported, and opened up one of the slots in the HG so the front sight base could stick through. It actually looks ok.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm kind of hoping you still consider the Samson rail. Their Evo Series look great. I'm really considering one for my 300 build. My plan is to keep it a DI system for simplicity. I'm still unsure whether or not I need an adjustable gas block though. I do plan to shoot suppressed and unsuppressed. Anyhow, I think I've done a good job of derailing Muley's thread (sorry dude), so I'll save it for another day when the time comes to ask the questions.
                        Yale showed me a new adjustable gas tube which was really slick you might want to consider.

Comment

Yale showed me a new adjustable gas tube which was really slick you might want to consider.
                          Adjustable gas tube? Yeah I like to see this, you or Yale got a link? It sounds interdasting.

Comment

CJ, I'm not gonna lie, the Moe Howard in me was thinking "Wise guy eh..." lol. But the gun noob in was intrigued, so I did a google search and sure enough, they do exsist. That's exactly what I want to try. All that is required was a hole drilled into the top of the handguard to access the asjustment screw. The reviews I read on Midway's site all showed to be positive, but Midway shows to be out of stock with no back order and the same with the other two sites I found. Im guessing the adjustable block stole its thunder.

Comment

Adjustable gas tube? Yeah I like to see this, you or Yale got a link? It sounds interdasting.
                              Pow!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My upper came in yesterday. It looks great! Out of town right now, I will shoot it next Tuesday. For the money it is a good deal.

Anyone know what the heaviest grain bullet this will handle? Mine is 16" barrel 1/9 twist.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X