No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to harvest. Probably much better last year, on the downhill slide.

Comment

• Dunno guys i just found him this year. He runs with a pack of monsters though.

Comment

• Ok I'm back at it lets hope for something bigger lol
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Well we are about to head out to Dekalb for the weekend! Even though neither of us has hunted before this trip is mainly for my son's first deer. If he gets one then I'll look for one for me!
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

• I shot a nice 10 point last weekend, then a turkey Tuesday morning followed by a big doe that evening.
            Photobucket

Comment

• Now black you know better, bust out the pics.

I missed my first day in a looong time last night becuase of the family gun shoot, and guess what i seen a buck at 3:30 and after that not a thing. Cold front did start yesterday.

Ive only got one tag left, and have to december 31. But its getting cold out.

Comment

• Here was my one and only deer encounter today. Atleast something showed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWi_ebFA9QE&feature=g-crec-u[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Here was my one and only deer encounter today. Atleast
                  I guess I have the wrong prospective I would have blasted that dude. I like meat more then horns any day. I grew up where we were lucky to get a couple deer a year (blacktail) and being tiny we got what we could. (not that I have seen a deer jump under a Christmas tree out of season)

I don't hunt down here because I can't wrap my mind around feeders. Up there you have to find the deer or road hunt in the rain.

Comment

• I wouldnt blast him anyway. He has another year or two to go.

I already filled my buck tag for the year few weeks back. Im in fill the freezer doe hunting now, But even late season doe hunting can be hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I wouldnt blast him anyway. He has another year or two to go.

I already filled my buck tag for the year few weeks back. Im in fill the freezer doe hunting now, But even late season doe hunting can be hard.

The meat is what's it all about though.

Good Hunting!!

Comment

• Ive got plenty of meat, so i get to trophy hunt. Im blessed with the hunting land i have.

Comment

• It's pretty chilly out this morning
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Yes it is. Good luck

Comment

• So I was not going to the lease this weekend but a buddy was and took his older brother. His older brother already killed a buck in a one buck county this year so I told him he could hunt my stand, obviously he was only hunting does.
                              I get a text this morning with pics of the 8 point that I had been chasing in the back of the truck, taken by his brother from my stand.

Should I be pissed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                So I was not going to the lease this weekend but a buddy was and took his older brother. His older brother already killed a buck in a one buck county this year so I told him he could hunt my stand, obviously he was only hunting does.
                                I get a text this morning with pics of the 8 point that I had been chasing in the back of the truck, taken by his brother from my stand.

Should I be pissed?
                                Maybe not pissed but no more invites either.

Comment

Working...
                                X