No announcement yet.

Fracking Harley dealers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im almost positive I saw a XR up there a couple weeks ago when I was in there. It was over on the left side by the service dept. I dont remember seeing it this past weekend though.

Oh I passed my class today. Out of 8 people that started, 4 dropped out. One took a spill, one couldnt keep up and 2 overslept today and didnt show up. If all goes well I should be going to the DMV tuesday to get my motorcycle endorsment.

Comment

Talk to Shane up there he's the owners son,He's a cool cat. He got me on a night train like i wanted and hooked up the paper work for nothing down and they were a couple grand cheaper than Dallas Harley.I had the same experience over at Dallas but they weren't hanging out they just didn't want to help my buddy and I at all. We were in work uniforms a little dirty but not bad but we were on lunch. We left and next day went to longhorn and had a great experience.We both ended up getting a scooter that day and took couple other buddies up there and all of them left with one.
      Last edited by geartaker; 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM.
      Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah Shane is real cool, I talked to him and he got the freight and setup knocked down when I first went in.

Comment

Did you try Cowboy Harley down in Austin? I talked to a guy called chopper Dave down there who had decent prices below MSRP.

I went to North Texas Harley and they wouldn't come off of MSRP even when I told them I wanted the bike that day. The salesman Chris called three weeks later and I told him I went to Atlanta to pick mine up.

I dealt with NT for my 1K service and a warranty issue, both times their service department sucked, they said the bike was ready and it wasn't the first time. The second time they didn't call to say it was ready.

HD has the worst customer service and I am not sure my first HD won't be my last.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
            Did you try Cowboy Harley down in Austin? I talked to a guy called chopper Dave down there who had decent prices below MSRP.

I went to North Texas Harley and they wouldn't come off of MSRP even when I told them I wanted the bike that day. The salesman Chris called three weeks later and I told him I went to Atlanta to pick mine up.

I dealt with NT for my 1K service and a warranty issue, both times their service department sucked, they said the bike was ready and it wasn't the first time. The second time they didn't call to say it was ready.

HD has the worst customer service and I am not sure my first HD won't be my last.
            No I didnt, I was honestly tired of dealing with dealers and just wanted to get it over with. When I found out no one in Texas or OK had the bike I wanted I caved. I had alot of crap going on last week and didnt have the time to start calling dealers and getting the ball rolling again.

I think my mother in law got her Harley at Cowboy Harley though, she lives down there so thats her nearest dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Im almost positive I saw a XR up there a couple weeks ago when I was in there. It was over on the left side by the service dept. I dont remember seeing it this past weekend though.

Oh I passed my class today. Out of 8 people that started, 4 dropped out. One took a spill, one couldnt keep up and 2 overslept today and didnt show up. If all goes well I should be going to the DMV tuesday to get my motorcycle endorsment.
              All I ever see up there are used XR's now. I think I'm gonna try and ride one on the demo days on 9/22. I was gonna be going from a FZ1 to a XR or Nightster and so from 150hp to 70hp, but now since its been so long without a bike I doubt I'd notice the difference much lol.

The things I didn't like about my Vrod was how it just was not a very highway friendly bike. Revved real high at about 70 and wasn't all that comfortable on a long ride. Gas mileage also sucked. I love riding it just around town, but doing the commute to work was a pain in the ass, so I rode the GSXR or FZ1.
              HD Parts
              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                All I ever see up there are used XR's now. I think I'm gonna try and ride one on the demo days on 9/22. I was gonna be going from a FZ1 to a XR or Nightster and so from 150hp to 70hp, but now since its been so long without a bike I doubt I'd notice the difference much lol.

The things I didn't like about my Vrod was how it just was not a very highway friendly bike. Revved real high at about 70 and wasn't all that comfortable on a long ride. Gas mileage also sucked. I love riding it just around town, but doing the commute to work was a pain in the ass, so I rode the GSXR or FZ1.
                I had a 02 with a windsheild and Corbin seat. I thought it was a nice little ride on the highway. You are right though about the 100 mile to a tank thing. Mileage was not real bad, the tank was just to small.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

They have gotten better since '02. The tanks have gone from 3 to 5 gallon and most of the folks I have heard from are getting around 180 miles to a tank. As fas as millage, anything is better than the suburban im driving now.

Im not sure youll find the XR at the demo days. They dropped it for 2013 along with the nightster.

Sent from my Lg Thrill using Tapatalk 2

Comment

They have gotten better since '02. The tanks have gone from 3 to 5 gallon and most of the folks I have heard from are getting around 180 miles to a tank. As fas as millage, anything is better than the suburban im driving now.

Im not sure youll find the XR at the demo days. They dropped it for 2013 along with the nightster.

Yeah I know. Hell they had 5 gallon for mine at some sort of astronomical price. I will own another someday along with my FLH. It is kinda funny that my wifes car gets better gas mileage.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

aww hell. didn't think about. knew they dropped the Nightster. Oh well. Guess I can go ride a new Vrod and see how it is.
                      HD Parts
                      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Well just got a text from the dealer. The new bike is cleaned up and ready to go.

Sent from my LG Thrill using Tapatalk 2

Comment

very nice...make sure to scrub that rear tire in, pimp!

Comment

Nice bike. Time for some pipes!
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah Im still not sure what I want to do for pipes. Stock is super quiet. obviously I have to do a tuner at the same time and thats too much $$ right now.

Comment

Looks pretty clean man. Gonna love it when that wind blows thru your hair....

oh wait....LOL

j/k man hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X