No announcement yet.

1k update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking oil and wheelies. Hmmm. Yeah, I'd probably use my energy to work on the wheelies and not the leak. Seems smart.

Comment

thought you mightve updated to a litre bike.....weak shit

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        thought you mightve updated to a litre bike.....weak shit
        this one is plenty fun for me atm. Its only seen wot three times.
        2012 GT500

Comment

i learned to work on bikes because i laid my new 2003 gsxr600 over at low speed. put a few scratches in the case and thought nothing of it.. after a few thousand miles i started to see oil on my boot. well before i "got around to fixing it" the motor spun all the rod bearings...

i was about your age, and i'll tell you other than confidence inspiring, there was nothing worse than swapping a motor in your moms garage with the bike hanging from the garage rails and using milk crates as jacks..

oh and a week after i got it fired back up.. it got stolen.

i used the insurance money for a new 636 (in 03) and that got wadded up within a couple months too..

I wish you well, i only added this so i can say i told you so when you are asking how to do a motor swap
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

oil level stays in check. I run it high and top it off weekly.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Lol.

Comment

If you're having to top it off weekly then that's a serious problem.
                -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

First gear wheelies are probably the most dangerous on a twitchy sport bike and you are not doing your fork seals any favors by inevitably coming down hard as hell on them over and over. Not trying to be a dick, but I would def. suggest learning balance point on something other then a nice sport bike, not that it will transfer right over, but until you know what that feels like and how to use (but not slam) the back brake you are almost surely going to loop it. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Yeah nothing like a guy putting a shiny new engine in his mini sprint and then realizing a little to late the pick up was on the wrong side. Kaboom.
                    99% of the mini sprint community doesn't make enough power to hurt them. Fortunately for all of the "hero engine builders" in the dirt world, their shit is so slow it won't break itself, even with 0 oil pressure at 11,500.
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      If you're having to top it off weekly then that's a serious problem.
                      top it off meaning a tiny bit. It leaks maybe three drops everytime is is set on the stand
                      2012 GT500

Comment

$50 says you dont get 10k miles out of it...
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          top it off meaning a tiny bit. It leaks maybe three drops everytime is is set on the stand
                          And how much does it leak while running down the road? That'll be fun if it gets on your back tire. Listen to the people who are older and wiser. That's worked for me so far. fix your shit.
                          -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            $50 says you dont get 10k miles out of it...
                            I don't see why not. I probably won't own it that long anyway. Probably going to a thousand this summer.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              And how much does it leak while running down the road? That'll be fun if it gets on your back tire. Listen to the people who are older and wiser. That's worked for me so far. fix your shit.
                              not sure. As long as the gauge stays at full I'm fine. Its a tiny leak.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                I don't see why not. I probably won't own it that long anyway. Probably going to a thousand this summer.
                                dont forget us when you are the motogp champion

Comment

Working...
                                X