then thats a P P P POWER WHEELIE!!!
      which in turn leads into more chances of head shake
      Clutch it up or dont do it at all

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
        then thats a P P P POWER WHEELIE!!!
        which in turn leads into more chances of head shake
        Clutch it up or dont do it at all
        I heard through searching on google/youtube that newbs should learn power wheelies before clutching it up just because clutching it up will raise the front end much quicker leading to possibly looping the bike.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

cover rear brake, no looping. i'd rather clutch it up then chase out a power wheelie at speed.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            cover rear brake, no looping. i'd rather clutch it up then chase out a power wheelie at speed.
            That makes sense but to me, but in my newbie brain, a power wheelie seems a lot less confusing and less chance of failure (despite the head shake bobbles is referring to). Besides, I am not trying to ride out a wheelie down the free way, I would just like to lift the front tire up for a few yards and be done with it.
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

x2! clutch that shit up! Learning that will eliminate the need to power wheelie and make it way easier to get to the balance point in higher gear. I ride a streetfightered 05 gixxer with no gauges, so I have no idea what speed I'm running or rpm. I just kinda do it by feel.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                x2! clutch that shit up! Learning that will eliminate the need to power wheelie and make it way easier to get to the balance point in higher gear. I ride a streetfightered 05 gixxer with no gauges, so I have no idea what speed I'm running or rpm. I just kinda do it by feel.
                Opinions, comments on my post above yours?

Comment

I look @ power wheelies as a bad habit. If I were you, I would start in 2nd and @ a lower rpm and work your way up to the balance point. Do you know anyone with a stunter you could practice on?

If your not interested in riding @ the balance point and for longer than a few feet, then maybe you're correct. It will teach you a bit more throttle and clutch control though, intern making you a better rider.

What bike are you riding?
                  Ded

Comment

that's perfectly fine mike. clench those knees and whack it open in first. confidence comes with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                      I look @ power wheelies as a bad habit. If I were you, I would start in 2nd and @ a lower rpm and work your way up to the balance point. Do you know anyone with a stunter you could practice on?

If your not interested in riding @ the balance point and for longer than a few feet, then maybe you're correct. It will teach you a bit more throttle and clutch control though, intern making you a better rider.

What bike are you riding?
                      When you say balance point I am assuming you are referring to having the motorcycle almost vertical? If that's the case, then no. I have no desire to want to do that. I just want to be able to lift up the front wheel for a few yards while slamming through the gears.

I have no desire to learn high chairs, stoppies (even though I did one lol) or whatever other stunts there are. Who knows, though. I said I didn't want to wheelie now I am intrigued. It is probably a good thing I am selling the bike. I am getting a little to comfortable.
                      Last edited by 347Mike; 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Your such a squid lol
                        you dont want to do a good wheelie, you want to do rev limiter busting newb wheels at 120mph!

And once you hit Balance point for the first time, you'll know it because your ass will clench together

Comment

I kinda know where u are coming from. I used to wheelie the shit out of dirt bikes. The only problem is I flipped them all at least once. My biggest fear about clutching up is breaking all the plastic on my bike. Had this bike for three years and still Havnt brought the front all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                            Your such a squid lol
                            you dont want to do a good wheelie, you want to do rev limiter busting newb wheels at 120mph!

And once you hit Balance point for the first time, you'll know it because your ass will clench together
                            So because I have no interest currently in balancing the bike I am a squid? I guess if I decided to not do wheelies at all and if just rode around what would that make me? Define good wheelie? I think it is personal preference.

Comment

whats this bouncing shit are you riding a cruiser, lol

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                                whats this bouncing shit are you riding a cruiser, lol
                                bouncing off the limiter smart guy

Comment

Working...
                                X