No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I've been trying out a linear strong-lift program for the past month or two, s well as changing my eating habits and doing a little bit of cardio. When I started this I was at #270. When I stepped on the scale at the gym last Thursday I was at #245. I'm gonna start adding in a little more cardio/ hypertrophy. I'm also debating on getting into some sort of martial art/ fighting sport. I did boxing for a little while and I really enjoyed it. Might do that, any other suggestions?
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• I started working out again a month ago to lose some weight, I gained almost 10 pounds.
      I'm at 285, I'm trying to get in shape so I can play some rugby, I will start running this week, I want to be down to 265 in a couple months without losing any strength and have decent cardio.
      wish me luck.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        I started working out again a month ago to lose some weight, I gained almost 10 pounds.
        I'm at 285, I'm trying to get in shape so I can play some rugby, I will start running this week, I want to be down to 265 in a couple months without losing any strength and have decent cardio.
        wish me luck.
        What club are you planning on playing for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
          What club are you planning on playing for?
          Fort Worth at gateway park, not entirely sure. I was playing with my son a couple weeks ago in my neighborhood and a guy came up to me and insisted I go play. I'm playing touch so I can learn the rules, then tackle whenever that starts.
          You play?
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            Fort Worth at gateway park, not entirely sure. I was playing with my son a couple weeks ago in my neighborhood and a guy came up to me and insisted I go play. I'm playing touch so I can learn the rules, then tackle whenever that starts.
            You play?
            I play for Griffins Rugby (in Allen). Touch is a good way to learn the basic skills and get your fitness up. Unfortunately Fort Worth isn't in our division anymore but if you play any 7's this summer we might run into each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              I play for Griffins Rugby (in Allen). Touch is a good way to learn the basic skills and get your fitness up. Unfortunately Fort Worth isn't in our division anymore but if you play any 7's this summer we might run into each other.
              Cool, I'll let you know if I play, when does it start?
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                To get as lean as I can for Cabo, and then to not screw off too bad while we're there. 200lbs is the next milestone, and we leave 5/9, which gives me 7 and a half weeks. At 2lbs a week I'll make it, but honestly that's a little faster than I want to progress for the sake of lean mass.

200lbs@8% is the dream, we'll see how far off I am when I get the scale there first.
                Um, yeah. Well I took a little detour on the road to 200, thanks to a bit of stress eating and a much needed vacation, and ended back up to 236.6lbs. Food's always been a go to when I'm worked up, even more so since I quit drinking. I've lost and gained that same 20lbs so many time, you can hear it scream "POLO" on occasion. It wasn't all fat this time though, I'm as strong as I was at 255lbs, but my pants are a tad snug again.

I ate what I wanted on vacation, and paid the price for it by feeling like ass for a few hours after every meal, why do we tell ourselves this is "fun" and "deserved?" Anywho, the rest and relaxation part was precisely what the dr. ordered, I'm back on the horse and ready to ride.

Strength be damned, I want to get down to a more livable weight, I felt pretty good at 215, and there's been more whispers of having a kiddo next year, so priorities are shifting big time.

For posterity:

Comment

• I'm still sitting around 212, which is down 19 lbs from mid February. I know exactly what I need to do to kick start the losses again, but I just needed a break for a week or two... but it's game on again now.

Also, I'm developing a new appreciation for core work. I can string together 5+ L-sit chin-ups and/or pull-ups on the fat bar now before I stop staying parallel on the legs.

Comment

• I was focusing on core until I got two pretty good intercostal tears doing dumb shit...

FMFL

so now I get to focus on walking again...

slowly but unsurely
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      I was focusing on core until I got two pretty good intercostal tears doing dumb shit...

FMFL

so now I get to focus on walking again...

slowly but unsurely
                      Are you one of those guys that goes To the gym and does about 14 different ab exercises?
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• nope, I'm one of those guys who tries to wrestle 8 officers who want to put him in an ambulance

Comment

nope, I'm one of those guys who tries to wrestle 8 officers who want to put him in an ambulance
                          LMAO. Gather round, kids... it's story time!

Comment

• the story is a little too embarrassing to tell at the moment

take me up on lunch sometime, and I'll spill you the beans

Comment

• Oh, and I'm still alcohol and narcotic free. I wouldn't let them give me any at the hospital either.

But they did give me about five shots of thorzine when I tried to wrestle six of the staff while trying to make my exit.

Stress kills.

Comment

Oh, and I'm still alcohol and narcotic free. I wouldn't let them give me any at the hospital either.

But they did give me about five shots of thorzine when I tried to wrestle six of the staff while trying to make my exit.

Stress kills.
                                Hah, that was my first question. Sorry to hear it Forest, all I have to offer is that pain fades and chicks dig scars.

Comment

Working...
                                X