No announcement yet.

anyone still riding daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke the work car so I'm stuck on the bike for a couple of weeks. I just refuse to ride in the damn snow they are talking about maybe having lol.

Comment

Went to the GTG last night and on the way there was fine, but on the way home was too cold for my ass.

I think if I want to do anymore night riding during this weather I need to get that clothing piece that covers mid face and neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        Went to the GTG last night and on the way there was fine, but on the way home was too cold for my ass.

I think if I want to do anymore night riding during this weather I need to get that clothing piece that covers mid face and neck.
        get a balaclava/face mask. they help out ALOT!

you can get thin ones like this one made by under armour

or thicker ones made out of cotton

or hell you can always just carry a bandanna and wear it bank robber style, just make sure to tuck the bottom part inside of your shirt/jacket. i do that when i dont need my balaclava, even that thin layer of bandanna helps a bunch...

they also make 'neck gaiters' but i personally dont like them because they slide down when you put your helmet on and always slip down even further when you start riding and turning your head
        Last edited by grove rat; 01-07-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Checkin' out the thin ones now, thanks for the post!

I'm not even sure I could get the bandanna to stay on while trying to put my helmet on, it's pretty snug.

Guess i'll be keeping my hair short, full head cover = wild ass hair

Comment

this is how i tie up my bandanna when i wear it, since it is not really on my ears it doesnt slide down at all really
            Attached Files

Comment

The neck gaiter thing is a piece of crap with a full face helmet. Watch the seams on the face masks, they'll leave marks on your face for a good hour when you wear a helmet over them.

Comment

Maybe its just me, though it was colder yesterday the ride in this morning seemed colder. It was a heck of a ride from Sachse to Lewisville.
                Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I think it was colder today for sure. I was out wiring on my Vette today and like to froze to death, working yesterday was not to bad.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    I think it was colder today for sure. I was out wiring on my Vette today and like to froze to death, working yesterday was not to bad.
                    hhhmmm? I thought the temp was lower yesterday but I guess I was confused. I flipped my shield up for a few seconds when I was on 121, and it didnt take but a second for my face to instantly freeze. LOL
                    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                      hhhmmm? I thought the temp was lower yesterday but I guess I was confused. I flipped my shield up for a few seconds when I was on 121, and it didnt take but a second for my face to instantly freeze. LOL
                      I have to ride with my shield cracked it fogs so bad. Sucks in the freezing and when its snowing.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

about to head out

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          I have to ride with my shield cracked it fogs so bad. Sucks in the freezing and when its snowing.
                          I hear ya. I slightly crack mine as well to keep it from fogging. I may try that fog-X stuff. maybe that will help.

Comment

It sucked for me riding whenever it was below ~45 degrees, especially at night. But I didn't have any winter riding gear.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              I have an anti-fog AGV visor and it works pretty good. I've only ridden in sub freezing temps once but it didn't fog up on me at all. The stock visor would if it was in the 60s.

Comment

Mine was fogging up pretty bad today also. I have to keep the visor cracked open, which also sucks.

Fuck its cold!
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X