Extra gaming PC stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra gaming PC stuff

Anyone have any extra parts they will let go of for cheap? Trying to piece together a gaming PC for a friends kid. Doesn't need anything too fancy. Would like for it to be able to support Fortnite or similar.

svo already banged her
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      svo already banged her
      Boy, I wouldn't drive 30 minutes for pussy let alone piece together and assemble a gaming PC for their kid.

Comment

Why not just buy it for console?

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
          Why not just buy it for console?
          I'm trying to help them raise their kid to be on the right side of gaming.

Comment

That's silly, console gaming is the most economical and the best known experience. It doesn't require chasing the next best part to meet an arbitrary expectation, it has exponentially lower rate of cheating that breaks the game's experience.

I get that you can have visuals on a pc that can't be had on a console, but at what cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              That's silly, console gaming is the most economical and the best known experience. It doesn't require chasing the next best part to meet an arbitrary expectation, it has exponentially lower rate of cheating that breaks the game's experience.

I get that you can have visuals on a pc that can't be had on a console, but at what cost?
              Nothing quite like an FPS on a PC. Console might be economical, but it is far from being the best known experience. + there are several games and game types you just cant get on console.

Most my my PC is several generations old, and can still play games like PUBG on ultra 1440. With a video card as the exception, I haven't purchased anything new for my PC in a few years.

Comment

What I mean by best known experience is, you can buy a game, any game for that console and know its gonna play well, no jumping through settings hoops, it's going to play as good on your console as every other console.

They are bringing mouse+kb support to Xbone soon, fwiw.

Comment

What I mean by best known experience is, you can buy a game, any game for that console and know its gonna play well, no jumping through settings hoops, it's going to play as good on your console as every other console.

They are bringing mouse+kb support to Xbone soon, fwiw.
                  That would be a huge improvement, and a huge advantage over someone still using a controller on an FPS.

Comment

That's something of a misconception. I can still run just about anything balls to the wall, on my GTX 970 and an overclocked 3570k. I doubt there is anything out there right now that I couldn't run on all max settings just fine. There's too many variables to bother getting caught up in the considerations of chasing the best hardware. For example: Only just recently, has intel come out with a processor that is essentially 2x my old 3570k. All the rest of that time: Not even close to being worth it to upgrade.

All that said, if you just get a mid range card (so now the 1070) and a half decent processor, you're good for just as long as any console is good for. If not longer. With few exceptions. Yeah every once in awhile the programmers suck or the company gets lazy, and a poorly optimized game comes out that requires $2k worth of graphics cards to run on max. Their incompetence isn't worth factoring in. And sure, every once in awhile I need to turn off a setting so my 4 year old 970 can run the game smoothly. I still get to keep all the rest on, and it still looks better than the console game.

But the whole debate is pointless cause its apples to oranges. Consoles have their place if you want to play games and save money. If you really want to play games, and you can spend more money, then you want a gaming PC.
                    WH

Comment

Likes in n out over whataburger and pc gaming for a kid. Gotta be a hipster.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Likes in n out over whataburger and pc gaming for a kid. Gotta be a hipster.
                        I will slap the shit out of you.

Take that back.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I will slap the shit out of you.

Take that back.
                          I just sunk your battleship!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            I just sunk your battleship!
                            Fuck!

Comment

It also doesn't help develop any type of career skills to sit on a couch and thumb away at buttons on a controller.

Learning to use a pc is very beneficial to more than just gaming.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X