No announcement yet.

Anyone own an Explorer (Sport)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like the Edge ST, I saw it at the Auto Show earlier this yearit looks very nice. It looks like almost the same power as the 3.5 TT in the Explorer Sport. It looks like Ford Performance put a factory tune in it to achieve those numbers. Its probably going to be around the same price too and will require premium and no Brembos and I'm not sure they will be an option. Same interior as the stock Edge as they haven't had a refresh yet, except for the body cladding. As you can tell I've given the two a serious thought...
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 10-18-2018, 05:33 AM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I test drove an Edge Sport, it seemed very sluggish (2.7 TT AWD) I was disappointed to say the least. It seems Ford has addressed this problem by giving it more power and the ability to dis-engage the rear wheels, I'm anxious to see 1/4 mile times.
      We know what a 3.5 TT will do with a tune and CAI.
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've hauled a bunch, and they look really nice.

Comment

The Edge is too small imo, especially for any kind of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            The complaints about the 3.5 liter exist but are pretty limited when you look at the number of those engines on the road.

I just traded in my explorer for the cheapest EcoBoost crew cab 4x4 with a rear locker that I could find. Those were literally my only options (plastic floors and all), and ive been pretty impressed. It does have the bigger entertainment system and a center console, but I think thats standard on the STX package.

I said all that to say this...I got the cheap truck because I'm waiting on the new bronco and/or an expedition/navigator price drop. So if you can hold out for the new bronco it may be worth waiting.

Edit: also the explorer was more comfortable than the f150 in the front seats. But the rear seats are better in the truck.

I also have an 18 with the stx package. It's by far the best deal on a new f150 with those option. Mine requirements were crew cab, 4x4, rear air. I ended up with more than I expected with the sync system. 20s, and no chrome was huge for me. Also made them install a trailer brake controller for free. I've had a few trucks and the 2.7 EB power is better than any truck older than 2010 I've had.

I get almost 18mpg city only and 22mpg going 80 on hwy.

Ended up leasing it because the payment was insanely cheap at 285 out the door with 0 down. I could have bought it outright for 32.5. With how expensive trucks are these days it was a good price. The xlt doesn't add much over this truck.

Back on topic having been in the explorer vs thr truck there is 0 reason I would choose the sport over the truck. Especially st that price of a new sport

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              The Edge is too small imo, especially for any kind of travel.
              You're right about that, the back seats don't offer any room unless you move the front seats forward a bit. There is room in the back cargo area if you lay down the rear seat but other than that not to much.
              I rented a MKX (Lincolns Edge) and went to Monroe LA for a couple of days, it was alright, that particular model had the 3.7 V-6 FWD and it was fairly nimble, better than the Edge Sport in power if you can believe that, I think the additional weight of the AWD really took away from the powa in the Edge Sport.

Like I mentioned, I could have my arm twisted on the ST if has spectacular power numbers, but at this price point the Exploder Sport and the 5.0 GT are in the running...

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                I also have an 18 with the stx package. It's by far the best deal on a new f150 with those option. Mine requirements were crew cab, 4x4, rear air. I ended up with more than I expected with the sync system. 20s, and no chrome was huge for me. Also made them install a trailer brake controller for free. I've had a few trucks and the 2.7 EB power is better than any truck older than 2010 I've had.

I get almost 18mpg city only and 22mpg going 80 on hwy.

Ended up leasing it because the payment was insanely cheap at 285 out the door with 0 down. I could have bought it outright for 32.5. With how expensive trucks are these days it was a good price. The xlt doesn't add much over this truck.

Back on topic having been in the explorer vs thr truck there is 0 reason I would choose the sport over the truck. Especially st that price of a new sport
                What are the details on that lease? I'm dying to get out of my civic, and really need a truck for what I do, though I tend to stack on the miles

OP

We have a '17 explorer with the 2.3L Ecoboost, and I'm not mad at it. It has plenty of pep for getting on and off the interstate. We average 20-21 MPG with it. Our edge with the 3.5L (NA) only got 18-19 MPG. We have been extremely happy with it. Seating can get tight in the 3rd row for grown adults, and it doesn't leave much room for luggage if taking a trip with 6 passengers. We would have preferred the sport, however, we ended up with an ecoboost XLT, it had all of the features the wife wanted and saved some $$$. Disclaimer: We do not have cow skin rugs, so that was a factor in our decision.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  What are the details on that lease? I'm dying to get out of my civic, and really need a truck for what I do, though I tend to stack on the miles
                  Its 11k a yr for 2 yrs. I only drive 8k a yr right now.

I sold myself as paying sales tax on a purchase is the same as 1 yr of the lease.

I get all the benefits of a new truck and half the payment.

Comment

Thats not bad. I need to look into their milage tiers. Right now I probably drive 12k or so to and from work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                      Its 11k a yr for 2 yrs. I only drive 8k a yr right now.

I sold myself as paying sales tax on a purchase is the same as 1 yr of the lease.

I get all the benefits of a new truck and half the payment.
                      That does sound like an awesome deal. I pay 450/mo after putting like 12K down. But then again in a few years I'll own it outright. For some people leases are great (my wife), but for me I typically hold on to things a little longer and will only get near maybe 6K miles a year.

Either way I agree that these trucks are great deals. I got 11K off sticker. I wasnt even considering the purchase because they stickered so stupid high. Then I saw the massive rebates.

Comment

Man up and get the Expedition MAX!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Man up and get the Expedition MAX!
                          haha, I had a Navigator, no need for that much room anymore, but I feel the Explorer is a little larger than the Edge, so it make it makes my decision a little easier.
                          I really want a new Mustang and almost pulled the trigger twice, the first one had some transport damage and I didn't want a damaged car, especially at the $50k price point, it better be perfect. The second one doesn't have the B&O sound system with a CD player, so scratch that off, I like listening to CD's.
                          Though after last weekend, I decided I need to be able to transport more than a few people, things and the Stangs just ain't cutting it.

I might buy the Exploder Sport and wait for the new SVT Cobra and buy that, that could be my Swan Song car to get me thru my silver years...

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            The wife has a Limited and it’s a terrific vehicle.
                            Same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Same.
                              Is it fixed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                Is it fixed yet?
                                Not yet... I’ll text you

Comment

Working...
                                X