The Watercraft/PWC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    damn, make that money buddy! i heard tomorrow is lakefest or something @ gvine.. we may go find some different water to ride if that's the case.
    I work at the Mercedes store in Bedford and we are moving the parts dept next weekend to Grapevine so I will work a 50 hour week and then Sat + Sun so its going to be a long week. But I will be super close to the lake now!

Comment

• What's insurance like on these things? I was thinking about picking up a VXR or FZR. I'm guessing they want some kind of comprehensive insurance. Is it like an ATV or more like a street bike?

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
        What's insurance like on these things? I was thinking about picking up a VXR or FZR. I'm guessing they want some kind of comprehensive insurance. Is it like an ATV or more like a street bike?
        I don't think insurance is required, though not a bad idea to carry. I've never been asked to provide any proof of insurance when registering any of my boats.

Comment

I don't think insurance is required, though not a bad idea to carry. I've never been asked to provide any proof of insurance when registering any of my boats.
          Let me correct you sir....while it may not be illegal to not have insurance on these things....if you hit me without insurance we are going to have some problems. So yes you need insurance.

But no insurance is not expensive, it's retiredly cheap. I'm paying 231 a year for my 2010 ultra 260x for full coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason07 View Post
            Let me correct you sir....while it may not be illegal to not have insurance on these things....if you hit me without insurance we are going to have some problems. So yes you need insurance.

But no insurance is not expensive, it's retiredly cheap. I'm paying 231 a year for my 2010 ultra 260x for full coverage.
            Thats not bad. Headed to Lloyd Park on Joe Pool if anyone is up for some lake time.

Comment

• If anyone is interested, i'm going to sell my 01 Superjet ASAP. It's stock with an R&D ride plate. !graphics, and had the cowling repainted gloss black (factory yami paint on the cowling is a known issue).

Make me an offer if anyone wants it. I will almost guarantee you won't find another 01 for what I want out of it.

Also, who's down to ride this week after work? Grapevine has been calling my name!

Comment

If anyone is interested, i'm going to sell my 01 Superjet ASAP. It's stock with an R&D ride plate. !graphics, and had the cowling repainted gloss black (factory yami paint on the cowling is a known issue).

Make me an offer if anyone wants it. I will almost guarantee you won't find another 01 for what I want out of it.

Also, who's down to ride this week after work? Grapevine has been calling my name!

Pics?
                Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                  Pics?
                  It's sitting on a stand in the garage.. i started stripping the graphics, got it all down to glue, and got frustrated.

I'm going to see what I can get done on it after work, then put a gauge on it and check PSI. I know it runs right, but i want to know the actual compression numbers.

Will grab you pics tonight hopefully, and get them up here soon. I really want to get all the graphics glue off first, but jesus that stuff is difficult! carb cleaner, 3m adhesive remover, brakekleen, nothing seems to work.

Comment

• i just had somebody last weekend give me a seadoo 750. we rode the hell outta of it and he handed me the title and said enjoy, your family seems like good people. we loaded it on the trailer and took it home. it's older but runs great
                    first class white trash

Comment

• that's badass! hop on www.pwctoday.com and find your brand specific forum - there's TONS of useful info on there.

Comment

that's badass! hop on www.pwctoday.com and find your brand specific forum - there's TONS of useful info on there.
                        thanks, i never had a watercraft, so it's new to me... bout to bust out with the flat black rattle can and dull it up
                        first class white trash

Comment

• Originally posted by forbes View Post
                          thanks, i never had a watercraft, so it's new to me... bout to bust out with the flat black rattle can and dull it up
                          Good deal!

I know most people HATE the oil injection setups on those things, and often convert them to premix. that's what I do with my skis, peace of mind and having to mix my oil and gas beats the shit out of wondering if my engine is getting oiled.

Hit me up if you have any general questions and i'll do what I can to help you out, and if not I can probably help you find the answer.

congrats again! thats one hell of a way to score a jetski!

Comment

Good deal!

I know most people HATE the oil injection setups on those things, and often convert them to premix. that's what I do with my skis, peace of mind and having to mix my oil and gas beats the shit out of wondering if my engine is getting oiled.

Hit me up if you have any general questions and i'll do what I can to help you out, and if not I can probably help you find the answer.

congrats again! thats one hell of a way to score a jetski!
                            pm sent
                            first class white trash

Comment

It's sitting on a stand in the garage.. i started stripping the graphics, got it all down to glue, and got frustrated.

I'm going to see what I can get done on it after work, then put a gauge on it and check PSI. I know it runs right, but i want to know the actual compression numbers.

Will grab you pics tonight hopefully, and get them up here soon. I really want to get all the graphics glue off first, but jesus that stuff is difficult! carb cleaner, 3m adhesive remover, brakekleen, nothing seems to work.
                              Sounds good Bro-seph.
                              Ded

Comment

• looks like this for the most part, except the cowling (hood) is gloss black now.

Comment

Working...
                                X