What a butt whoopin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a butt whoopin.

You know when you haven't rode in a while, it is a real ass whooping. I got my bike back from my mechanic a month ago but have been working on my Miata, and my 150 acre riding spot by my house was out of commission. One side of the trail entry was under water. I mean it was either water or quicksand in areas, I found that out the hard way. The other side had a giant tree down right across the path. But even before that I just had a four wheeler for a while and you can be lazy on those. Probably been 3 years since I have been to the track on two wheels. I think last time was with Jeff on here and my old lady but even then was on 4 wheels.

So my mechanic, who did a fantastic job by the way, and didn't charge me near enough I thought, got me up and running on my YZ450. He checked compression, worked on the pipes, shimmed the valves a little, and went up on the pilot one size. He also went over everything on the bike almost. The bike doesn't have but 28 hours now but the guy let it sit up for yearssssss. I actually made Mark take more money he did so much work on it. He has a shop on 77 in Hachie and knows his shit.

So I hopped on the wifes Ace and threw the chainsaw in the back. Went down and cleared out that damn tree and than came home and geared up. Bike has been sitting four weeks and my cranking knee sucks so this was a good test. Pumped it twice, choked it, and she fired on the third kick. Bike road great and has tons of power. Pipe never got red, and not once did it spew any fluid. I wont lie I bounced off of so many cedar trees I thought some one was playing pin ball with me. I slid into crap, went off the trail, and got loose more times than I can remember. I really got to get out and ride more. Holy shit I had a good time but only about 30 minutes wiped me out. Anyone else been off the bike a while and paid for it? I mean it's not like I don't ride the Harley. Just not the same though. One is slow and smooth, the other is like riding a wild stallion, bareback. Oh well I was out back relaxing and just figured I would throw this out there.

Happy forth bitches!
    Last edited by CJ; 08-26-2015, 06:45 PM. Reason: couldn't stand the typo any longer.
    Whos your Daddy?

Every time I ride is just like the first time lol Hurts like a son-of-a-bitch! Last weekend went out and 3 laps in I thought I broke something in my lower back it hurt so fucking bad. I couldn't hardly walk much less bend over. Laid in bed for 3 days, went to the doctor the 2nd day to make sure i didn't break anything as it hurt so bad but all it ended up being was muscle.

I didn't wreck, case or do anything out of the ordinary but when I landed off a small jump something went wrong apparently.

Glad you had a good time, keep up the riding and taking it easy till you get back into and it should become very enjoyable again.

Comment

Nice. We are getting old. One other issue I had was I shut the squad door on my clutch side middle finger a week ago. Those new damn explorers have a sharp little edge on them. It basically ripped a 1/2 in hole in my finger. That was delightful also. I did jump on my shovel I haven't rode in a while a few minutes ago. I thought why won't this damn thing turn. Lol
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Jason I hate to say...but I sold the DRZ400 last week. Eventually I'll get another thumper...but I'm tired of carbs. I want one with fuel injection.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          Jason I hate to say...but I sold the DRZ400 last week. Eventually I'll get another thumper...but I'm tired of carbs. I want one with fuel injection.
          And electric start next time for me. I am starting to regret selling that monster four wheeler. I made my friend a good deal since his got stolen. I may screw with him when I go up to his property in a few weeks to see if his is tired of it yet!
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I rode a torn race last weekend. 20 miles of tight trees, rocks and deep sand by the river. The 350 was a blast to ride but after a 5 year break it defiantly kicked my ass.

Can't wait for the next one
            Originally posted by soap
            i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
              I rode a torn race last weekend. 20 miles of tight trees, rocks and deep sand by the river. The 350 was a blast to ride but after a 5 year break it defiantly kicked my ass.

Can't wait for the next one
              If I had the money right now the KTM 350 is exactly what I would own. I just haven't been riding enough to really justify it yet. Even the Ace 570 only has 9 hours on it. Working nights for the first six months makes it hard to get motivated and drive anywhere when I get up at 1p. Now I am on days and the temps are getting up there, but I will get out more. I am just lucky to have a playground by the house.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I hear ya...my Vet weapon project will be finished next week and I am actually dreading the first few weeks of riding since I have been off the bike so long. It's no fun getting smoked by guys you used to checked out from...and then dealing with being sore for 3days.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  I hear ya...my Vet weapon project will be finished next week and I am actually dreading the first few weeks of riding since I have been off the bike so long. It's no fun getting smoked by guys you used to checked out from...and then dealing with being sore for 3days.
                  I rode KX500's for 15 years or more. Not just putting around but hard for six to eight hours, and then went to work some times. This getting old shit sucks. I think I have read somewhere before it was the most anaerobic sport you could participate in that was motorized, and it also beat out most regular sports.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    This getting old shit sucks.

yes it does!

I think I have read somewhere before it was the most anaerobic sport you could participate in that was motorized, and it also beat out most regular sports.

When I read that it was specifically referring to Motocross. I don't know where the rest of the riding fell into that equation but I work with alot of cross country riders and they don't understand how my riding day consist of 2 hours max. They plan all day with the hanging out bs'ing and lots of trail riding. My rides consist of 15-25 minutes on the track 3 times and I'm normally so worn out at that point that its just unsafe to be on the track for my own health.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      When I read that it was specifically referring to Motocross. I don't know where the rest of the riding fell into that equation but I work with alot of cross country riders and they don't understand how my riding day consist of 2 hours max. They plan all day with the hanging out bs'ing and lots of trail riding. My rides consist of 15-25 minutes on the track 3 times and I'm normally so worn out at that point that its just unsafe to be on the track for my own health.
                      I wore my Polar watch once and burned like 3000 calories in a hour and a half. Heart rate spikes were crazy also.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

mark is a cool guy, knows his shit.

Comment

To my surprise I actually rode better today at the track than I anticipated. I was wore the F out though after 2 1/2 hours of riding with a break in the middle. I was lazy and went to Shady Grove. I dumped the shit out of it on that high corner right before the tabletop. I hit it a little hard and sailed wide. All I could see was 6 foot weeds and if my memory served me correctly that dropped straight off like 30 feet. I ditched it hard right and tore my brake lever off. My elbow tucked into my side when I hit and I think I bruised some ribs. It was my last lap and last corner and the damn 20 years olds were not catching me today. He laughed as he helped me pick up my bike.

They did say I can bring the Ace next time. I am going to work over the 4 wheeler track with it and get it straightened out. The mud, led to weeds, and no riding so it needs some riding on it. River was up flat with the bank. I did recognize the sketchy looking dry cracks, that appeared damp as I punched it up a wall before almost getting buried.

Looked like they have been cleaning the place up some and added some new rhythm sections to the main track(Yeah).
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            mark is a cool guy, knows his shit.
                            Yeah my bike ran like a champ today. I got lazy and let his guys install a 4 channel in the Miata. I borrowed his truck to go fix my pool filter. He got it back washed, vacuumed, with gas, and his tire fixed. I told him OSHA standards would not let me drive it like that. You can't beat his knowledge on pretty much everything and his drive to make it right. I seriously make him take more money because he is to cheap.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Same boat here. Don't get out nearly as much as I used to. Prob the second time I have hit anything close to a track in 2-3 years. Hell of a workout for sure.

Made a Vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHWC7yMbIqc

I am hopefully not as old as you fuckers but I am for sure as slow. Glad it was hot the fast people were too scared to come out.

Did the same as kingjason too at the turn by the table top rode off into the high corn or whatever weed that was right before that big berm.

Comment

Working...
                              X