Speciality Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    So I just cooked some fajita burgers for the third time this month and it's definitely more than just fajita seasoning on ground beef. Not only is the flavor different but so is the texture. Definitely something I need to grill more regularly. Sorry no pics, I was hungry and it was getting dark out. Next time.

BTW, bought some hatch chili with cheese crumbles burger patties at my local Kroger this afternoon. I'll be grilling those up this weekend
    You get them here?

Carniceria Mexico Meat Market

5417 Bernal Dr

Dallas, TX 75212

They have some of the best meat in Dallas. I always ask for them to season it and it is fantastic. Cash only fellas. First time I tried the fajita burgers they were great. Second time they were good but not as good as the first batch.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      i had one of the hatch chile, bleu cheese crumble patties from central market. it was just alright. i dont really care for stuffed patties though. just beef, and put whatever toppings i want
      I'll be grilling mine tomorrow so I'll post up a pic of it.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      You get them here?

Carniceria Mexico Meat Market

5417 Bernal Dr

Dallas, TX 75212

They have some of the best meat in Dallas. I always ask for them to season it and it is fantastic. Cash only fellas. First time I tried the fajita burgers they were great. Second time they were good but not as good as the first batch.
      Yup! Called them up on the way home from work to order some more fajita burgers and was told I can pick them up Sunday. I'll be freezing it up and saving them for a Labor Day cookout. Definitely some of the best fajitas I've had. I like the fact that they don't add the marinade until you buy them so it's not to overpowering but the flip side of that is I let it soak in the marinade for an hour or so before grilling it. Very good fajitas.

Comment

I'll be grilling mine tomorrow so I'll post up a pic of it.

Yup! Called them up on the way home from work to order some more fajita burgers and was told I can pick them up Sunday. I'll be freezing it up and saving them for a Labor Day cookout. Definitely some of the best fajitas I've had. I like the fact that they don't add the marinade until you buy them so it's not to overpowering but the flip side of that is I let it soak in the marinade for an hour or so before grilling it. Very good fajitas.
        I knew the minute you said fajita burgers.

Yeah, their beef fajitas are some of the best I have ever cooked. So thin and tender. It takes longer to heat the BGE then it does to cook them. Maybe 2 minutes a side. I had a party once and all the meat came from there. Everybody that came is a customer now. The short ribs are pretty killer to, and the chicken breasts are huge. Nothing but good reviews on google also.

Some of these folks need to diversify their shopping a little more to understand what they are missing.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

There's a Mexican neat market just north of pleasant run on the service road in Lancaster, they have all that good shit. I'll buy whole non frozen chickens and cook em up a la beer can.

Comment

I knew the minute you said fajita burgers.

Yeah, their beef fajitas are some of the best I have ever cooked. So thin and tender. It takes longer to heat the BGE then it does to cook them. Maybe 2 minutes a side. I had a party once and all the meat came from there. Everybody that came is a customer now. The short ribs are pretty killer to, and the chicken breasts are huge. Nothing but good reviews on google also.

Some of these folks need to diversify their shopping a little more to understand what they are missing.
            Definitely worth the drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Not different enough, espeically with that much seasoning and ground. And a large percentage of fajitas are also from chuck, sirloin, flank or round anyways so youre still way off the mark.

You are now in the mode that will simply fight to not be wrong as you always do when you come up short.
              Traditionally fajitas were made from skirt steak which was so tough back in the day it was essentially free. But some Mexican immigrants figured out how to make it tender by marinating the hell out of it in lemon and spices for days at a time. They made one tasty ass taco and called it a fajita taco. Since then and the spread in popularity lots of people have tried to copy it and use a variety of meats, but real fajitas are made with skirt steak and honestly there just isn't anything quite like the real deal. The Don can suck it because Mexican immigrants make the best damn food just about anywhere on this side of either ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                because brisket tastes the same as prime rib?
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                does flank steak taste the same as round?
                A little Heinz 57, it all tastes the same!

Comment

Seaking of fajita , how good are Central Market fajitas?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    Seaking of fajita , how good are Central Market fajitas?
                    Never had it but why when you can pick up fajitas anywhere? Just my opinion but why pay the high price as I honestly don't think it would be better than what can be had at a Mexican Meat Market (unless you don't have one nearby).

Comment

So I finally got me a meat grinder and I'm wanting to experiment with something different than the fajita burgers I've been grilling. Maybe grind up some bacon and mix it in the ground beef along with some shredded cheese. But lately I've been thinking about smoking some ribs and cutting up the meat and grinding it into the some ground beef. Just wondering if that would work and how it would go if the rib meat has already been cooked and I would be grilling it again in a burger. Just thinking out loud anyway.

Comment

They have different season fajitas. Can never know if its any better or worse till you try it.

Comment

So I finally got me a meat grinder and I'm wanting to experiment with something different than the fajita burgers I've been grilling. Maybe grind up some bacon and mix it in the ground beef along with some shredded cheese. But lately I've been thinking about smoking some ribs and cutting up the meat and grinding it into the some ground beef. Just wondering if that would work and how it would go if the rib meat has already been cooked and I would be grilling it again in a burger. Just thinking out loud anyway.
                          Damn you. My wife has a meat grinder on the ole mixer that I never think about. Mmmmmmm sausage and hamburger patties, and I might even do my own Fajita Hamburger set up. HEB has good Fajita's also. Ribs don't sound bad either. I would only smoke them about half way if you are going to mix them in ground beef and then cook it.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Damn you. My wife has a meat grinder on the ole mixer that I never think about. Mmmmmmm sausage and hamburger patties, and I might even do my own Fajita Hamburger set up. HEB has good Fajita's also. Ribs don't sound bad either. I would only smoke them about half way if you are going to mix them in ground beef and then cook it.
                            Good idea on only smoking them half way. I might have to give my chorizo burgers another try but using the grinder this time instead of by hand

Comment

Working...
                            X