No announcement yet.

Explosions in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, that picture puts it into perspective of how big the explosion was. I wonder how much of an impact that will have on outbound shipping from that location? I can see at the very least a shipping container shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Holy shit, that picture puts it into perspective of how big the explosion was. I wonder how much of an impact that will have on outbound shipping from that location? I can see at the very least a shipping container shortage.
      I think the impact is pretty clear, they won't be shipping a god damn thing for quite a while, if ever again.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        I think the impact is pretty clear, they won't be shipping a god damn thing for quite a while, if ever again.
        Trumps plans of bringing jobs back to America just got easier. Tin foil hat engage.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Tinfoil on.

China Tianjin Explosion Was Caused By Pentagon ‘Rod Of God’ Space Weapon Strike, According To Conspiracy Theorists

A bizarre conspiracy theory touted as a “bombshell” is currently being circulated in the conspiracy theory blogosphere. According to conspiracy theorists, the U.S. was behind the deadly twin blasts that devastated a large area of one of China’s major ports in Tianjin, killing more than 100 people.

The Pentagon, according to The Unhived Mind and Michael Allen Adams’ Natural News, caused the explosion with a weapon launched from space but tried to disguise it as an accident.

Natural News cites a 2004 article by Popular Science describing the operation of a hypothetical space-based weapons system dubbed “Rods from God” to support its conspiracy theory speculation that the Chinese were hit by a spaced-based weapon fired by Pentagon.

But Popular Science makes it clear that the technology for the hypothetical “kinetic-energy” space weapon it described was “very far out in miles and years.”

But according to conspiracy theorists, the latest incident is evidence that China and U.S. are already at war over recent disputes.

Pentagon launched the attack as a “kinetic retaliation” against China for devaluating the Yuan because Washington construes the move as intended to collapse the U.S. economy.

A bizarre conspiracy theory touted as a “bombshell” is currently being circulated in the conspiracy theory blogosphere. According to conspiracy theorists, the U.S. was behind the deadly twin blasts that devastated a large area of one of China’s major ports in Tianjin, killing more than 100 people. The Pentagon, according to The Unhived Mind and […]

Comment

Dumbest thing I have ever read
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Dumbest thing I have ever read
              Come on, dude. Go grab some reynold's wrap and join the fun.

China is selling the hell out of us treasurys at the moment too, just throw a little fuel on the conspiracy fire...

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                Come on, dude. Go grab some reynold's wrap and join the fun.

China is selling the hell out of us treasurys at the moment too, just throw a little fuel on the conspiracy fire...
                Too bad the conspiracy theorists don't use Saran wrap instead.. And over their face instead of their head.

Comment

it's a very real thing, i dont see why it would be questioned. The same theory was out for the West, TX explosion.

"Project Thor" redirects here. For other uses, see Thor (disambiguation).
                  "Kinetic strike" redirects here. For the political euphemism, see kinetic military action.
                  For the generic concept of attacking a planetary surface from orbit, see Orbital bombardment.
                  A kinetic bombardment or a kinetic orbital strike is the hypothetical act of attacking a planetary surface with an inert projectile, where the destructive force comes from the kinetic energy of the projectile impacting at very high velocities. The concept is often encountered in science fiction[citation needed] and originated during the Cold War.

The typical depiction of the tactic is of a satellite containing a magazine of tungsten rods and a directional thrust system. When a strike is ordered, the satellite would brake[1] one of the rods out of its orbit and into a suborbital trajectory that intersects the target. The rod picks up speed as it approaches periapsis and the target due to gravity, picking up immense speed as it accelerates into the atmosphere and reaches terminal velocity shortly before impact. The rods would typically be shaped to maximize terminal velocity. In science fiction, the weapon is often depicted as being launched from a spaceship, instead of a satellite.

Kinetic bombardment has the advantage of being able to deliver projectiles from very high angles of attack at very high speed, making them extremely difficult to defend against. In addition, projectiles would not require explosive warheads, and—in the simplest designs—would consist entirely of solid metal rods, giving rise to the common nickname "Rods from God". Disadvantages include the technical difficulties of ensuring accuracy and the prohibitively high costs of prepositioning systems in orbit.

The Outer Space Treaty prohibits weapons of mass destruction in orbit or outerspace. However, the Outerspace Treaty only prohibits nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. And since the most common form of kinetic ammunition is inert tungsten rods, in most cases, kinetic bombardment remains legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Too bad the conspiracy theorists don't use Saran wrap instead.. And over their face instead of their head.
                    Hahaha! This is your funniest post ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Hahaha! This is your funniest post ever!
                      Not sure if that is a compliment or a dig.. lol

Comment

• New nickname for my D. God rod...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                          New nickname for my D. God rod...
                          that's funny, i get "oh my god, rod!" all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                            China Tianjin Explosion Was Caused By Pentagon ‘Rod Of God’ Space Weapon Strike, According To Conspiracy Theorists

A bizarre conspiracy theory touted as a “bombshell” is currently being circulated in the conspiracy theory blogosphere. According to conspiracy theorists, the U.S. was behind the deadly twin blasts that devastated a large area of one of China’s major ports in Tianjin, killing more than 100 people.

The Pentagon, according to The Unhived Mind and Michael Allen Adams’ Natural News, caused the explosion with a weapon launched from space but tried to disguise it as an accident.

Natural News cites a 2004 article by Popular Science describing the operation of a hypothetical space-based weapons system dubbed “Rods from God” to support its conspiracy theory speculation that the Chinese were hit by a spaced-based weapon fired by Pentagon.

But Popular Science makes it clear that the technology for the hypothetical “kinetic-energy” space weapon it described was “very far out in miles and years.”

But according to conspiracy theorists, the latest incident is evidence that China and U.S. are already at war over recent disputes.

Pentagon launched the attack as a “kinetic retaliation” against China for devaluating the Yuan because Washington construes the move as intended to collapse the U.S. economy.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2346562/chi...acy-theorists/
                            Isn't that the plot from G.I. Joe Retaliation or whatever the second movie was called? "All of the damage, none of the Fallout?"
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              it's a very real thing, i dont see why it would be questioned. The same theory was out for the West, TX explosion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
                              Makes perfect sense, spend billions to develop it and put it in orbit, then use it to attack a fertilizer plant in West, Texas for no apparent reason.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                Makes perfect sense, spend billions to develop it and put it in orbit, then use it to attack a fertilizer plant in West, Texas for no apparent reason.
                                Well anything sounds dumb if you say it like that...
                                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                                X