how do I find the IP address....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
    Yeah, and they won't be able to hit the page in that example anyway..
    If they're connected to the internets through a network, it'll give the network's IP address but not their IP address within the network. It really depends on what he's trying to do with it, but the way it was worded, using an external web page to get the IP address won't always give him his computer's IP address.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I'm trying to set up my EVO with my wireless connection here at home but it keeps asking me for an IP address.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I've been messing around with this the last few days and I can't get it to connect. Tells me reception is excellent but it won't connect.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

How are you trying to connect? You shouldn't have to supply the IP address, only the network name (which you could select from a list), and it'll assign the IP address automatically.

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Wifi -> Enable Wifi, then select your network from the list (if it shows up; if not, add it)
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I'll give it a try as soon as I get home, but I'm almost sure that I've tried that already.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Ok, while we're on the subject, what is the SSID? And what does it mean by "secured by WEP?"
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

SSID is the name of your wireless network. It could be your wireless access point's default name (i.e. NETGEAR) or maybe you've changed it to something else.

WEP is an encryption protocol that secures your wireless data transmissions. I haven't bought an access point in a long time, but I think they all come with security disabled. So, if you don't know what it is, it's likely you don't have it configured.

Good Luck!
                - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

SSID is your network name, secured by WEP means it's protected by a password or key.
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That's what I figured. Funny thing is that my wife brought home her work lap top because she needed to do some work. It literally took me seconds to get that up and running. For some reason this phone won't connect.
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Is there a way to reset the wireless modem and start fresh? I run Windows xp on my pc with a Motorola 2wire modem. SBC dsl.
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

It is pity different fraudsters can use various IP or change the IP address to get a system confused. Earlier, you had to obtain a subscription to any service using your postal address and zip code. And it was fixed information. It was much more difficult to come across a fraudster earlier, don’t you think? Besides, general information on zip codes, my mom is accessible for everyone.
                        Last edited by Tx Redneck; 02-19-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Gtfo scammer

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Gtfo scammer
                            I got em, the email for their post woke me up this morning.

Comment

on a side note if you are using WEP you need to up your security.

Comment

Working...
                              X