Seven days to die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven days to die

So I'm not really a gamer. Every once and a while I'll hop on the computer and play a driving sim for about 30 minutes or so, but I've never been the type to invest large amounts of time gaming.

Yesterday a couple of friends finally talked me into downloading discord and a game called 7 days to die. 11 hours later we signed off and went to bed. lol
    The game itself is not amazing or breath taking, but being able to "hang out and do things with my buddies, was something I really miss. These are the guys I would normally hang out in the garage and work on shit with while drinking a few beers and cutting up. Normally little gets done and we end up starting 2 new projects before finishing what we set out to do. This was the closest thing to doing that I've been able to do since the world shut down. I still don't think I'm a "gamer" but I am looking forward to our next online get together. I totally get online gaming now. and thanks to this game, this ongoing apocalypse finally has some damn zombies. lol

Seven years to lie. Is that game even out of beta after all this time? Great if yall are having fun with it though. I've been following it since it was first announced, wanting some kind of finished, polished product. Doesn't look like that is ever going to happen though. If you don't mind that kind of thing, another good one to play with friends is "No more room in hell" as well as "Contagion". But you've gotta have people to play with on those two or you won't progress.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Seven years to lie. Is that game even out of beta after all this time? Great if yall are having fun with it though. I've been following it since it was first announced, wanting some kind of finished, polished product. Doesn't look like that is ever going to happen though. If you don't mind that kind of thing, another good one to play with friends is "No more room in hell" as well as "Contagion". But you've gotta have people to play with on those two or you won't progress.
      I've owned this son of a bitch from the early alpha days when it was basically unplayable. Come a LONG way since then, if you haven't played in a while, it's definitely worth it to give it a go. It's a fully playable game now.

I've got almost 400 hours into the game, so it's definitely a time waster. It does get boring once you've hit the point where you can bulk craft ammo and base defenses, plus you do the same trader quests over and over and over.

Comment

I dig it. Most of the multiplayer games I play, I play for the people interaction. The people you play with can be way more amusing than the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I dig it. Most of the multiplayer games I play, I play for the people interaction. The people you play with can be way more amusing than the game itself.
          One thing we do when we get really bored is turn on the dev menus and build the most ridiculous bases we can, then have the other people try to break in.

I built a base that was impossible to break in to thanks to an exploit where I made the turrets shoot through the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            One thing we do when we get really bored is turn on the dev menus and build the most ridiculous bases we can, then have the other people try to break in.

I built a base that was impossible to break in to thanks to an exploit where I made the turrets shoot through the walls.
            Kinda what we did last night. We each built a base then sent hoards of radiated at them. You weren't allowed to use any weapons personally just had to rely on your base and trust your build. I was standing on my tower laughing watching one of my buddies trying to out run the Z's in his place through his barred windows when I noticed some trying to brake through a security hatch on a tunnel I had made to a panic room under ground. My friend last minute decided I should have a tunnel from that room that led to his and the other friends escape tunnels.
            They breached the tunnel on his end and made their way to me that way. Had that not had happen, I could have just chilled out and watched the other guys die. instead I had to bug out and take to the hills. I was still the last man standing. but I wasn't in my fort. Next time I won't join tunnels. lol

Comment

I haven't tried that one, but I mainly just play Destiny 2 on PS4 with some of my friends, I've got over 3144 hours on it so far. I should probably be ashamed of that number.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I like to play on open PVP servers. We dig an underground base and make a labyrinth out of it. Sure, you could eventually find our HQ and loot, but you will have wasted hours, if not days finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  I haven't tried that one, but I mainly just play Destiny 2 on PS4 with some of my friends, I've got over 3144 hours on it so far. I should probably be ashamed of that number.
                  I've got nearly 5K hours in Starcraft 2.....

Comment

I've got nearly 5K hours in Starcraft 2.....
                    The owner of the last 7d2d server i played in had 17k hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X