• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2020 Democratic Party Platform - re: firearms

For next time someone says "but they're no one is coming for your guns!"

Page 43:

And in text form:
    Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence

Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and communities. Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition, close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

But wait, how will they enforce these laws if they defunded the police? I guess these will go in to effect before they defund the police. Got it.

Comment

I told yall the next crisis would be gun related.

Comment

Matt, post this on FB so I can reshare with attribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Matt, post this on FB so I can reshare with attribution.
          Thought about it...
          My stress level is high enough with shit at work these days that I've stayed away from all things publicly political. Let me have a heavy pour of something barrel aged and I may change my mind in a bit. Will msg you

Comment

LMMFAO! I get it, thanks for considering, whatever you may decide. :;

Comment

I just bought several thousand 7.62 rounds. Felt like I overpaid a bit, but reading that shit, I just got a solid price.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                I just bought several thousand 7.62 rounds. Felt like I overpaid a bit, but reading that shit, I just got a solid price.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  But wait, how will they enforce these laws if they defunded the police? I guess these will go in to effect before they defund the police. Got it.
                  It's pretty clear what they're doing. They want the current police force gone, replaced by the SJW brigade that will gladly enforce any witch hunt the left feels is necessary.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  I told yall the next crisis would be gun related.
                  You can see what they're planning by looking at what's going on now and how they're wording it. "Public health crisis". The magic words that allow them to suspend the bill of rights for the "common good". This whole conronavirus debacle looks like a dress rehearsal for a communist takeover.

1. Invent a public health crisis
                  2. Weaponize the media for a panic
                  3. Create shortages of food and water
                  4. Suspend all jobs, allowing the government to support you
                  5. Suspend aspects of civil rights to combat the public health crisis
                  6. Suspend public gatherings
                  7. Weaponize social media to only allow your agenda
                  8. Bully businesses to enforce your agenda
                  9. Rile up your base to be informants and enforcers
                  10. Disband the disloyal police force, making way to install police loyal to the party.

Of course they want guns next.

Comment

11. Weaponize the law.
                    New York’s attorney general is trying to wipe out the National Rifle Association. She’s accusing the NRA of seriously mismanaging funds and is suing to dissolve the gun rights group.

Comment

i am curious to see how the following two things happening would go :

1) an executive order to get rid of suppressors, pistol braces, ARs and high capacity magazines
                      2) a blue House and a blue Senate pushing a new Assault Weapons ban with no sunset.

Apparently Joe Biden will have Beto overseeing it all too.

Comment

As soon as they frame it as a "public health issue" the sheep will start their whining for everyone to fall in line. Just like they did with the stupid fucking masks.

The minute law enforcement starts confiscating guns is the critical mass moment. I think it will be like Lincoln's election, there will be a call for some states to secede, etc.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think they will continue to chip away.

Suppressors, 30 round magazines, pistol braces first off right away

Followed by semi-auto "rifles" being regulated next as part of NFA changes

Followed by a general banning of centerfire rifles outside of bolt actions.

Each attempt will be preceded by a huge leap forward in banning measures and talk, and then "negotiated" down to something "reasonable" by our fine folks at the NRA.

Comment

Working...
                          X