Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

I have posted this on both sites, FYI.

I just wanted to write out my feelings and thoughts on everything that has gone down since Friday.

First of all, I am saddened by a number of things that has happened, not just the sale of the board in itself. I was very surprised that so many people were so quick to completely jump ship and then attempt to burn down dfwstangs on the way out. To some extent I think people may have been a little to quick to react and this whole thing may have been more meaningful if it had been thought out a little before taking action. More importantly I am saddened by what seems to me as further fracturing of our little group. One of the things that has kept me around here so long is that although you constantly see bickering and such, people always seemed to come together when it counted. This time, not so much.

I am bummed that the website was sold but hopefully everyone can stay level-headed enough to keep this whole thing going. I hate seeing friends turning on friends. I dislike the idea that whether true or perceived there are individuals that want to keep others out of whatever board we end up on. I know some people are a pain in the ass at times but blocking / banning / whatever is not the way things have been done, and I think that was a positive attribute. I am a firm believer that we all benefit from a diverse set of ideas, different types of people, etc. and that it outweighs the negatives in most cases.

I will keep sitting on the fence to see where things go but the outlook isn’t positive in my eyes, at least not at the moment.

I hold no ill will towards anyone, this has been a big surprise to all and people can react funny to change. I just urge everyone to take a minute and think before so much is undone.

~Chili

Very well said Craig. I have always appreciated your insight and approach to all situations.

Comment

Sorry. I asked the questions that led to the truth being known, and instigated the verbal assault on The Admin because I didn't like the way that little cocksucker was condescending everyone. I see what has happened as a GOOD thing. We stuck it to The Man, stayed true to our style, and are continuing to have the people trickle in over here. I'm pleased as punch, actually, after the way the entire deal went down and how Chris lied to all of us. Especially what he did to Jose. Fuck 'em all.

Comment

Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

I think what happened on the other board was a massive overreaction but that board's days were numbered anyway with the direction that it was going to head under corporate management. The ads weren't ever going to stop, the moderation heavy environment wasn't going to go away and a certain individual that we're all aware of still got screwed.

I don't see why there should be a negative outlook, though. I don't see anything that this board doesn't/can't have that the old one did. Sure, people have pissy attitudes right now, but that's going to fade with time.

Comment

Get the fuck out of here with logic, reason, and objectiveness. Ban chili!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
              Get the fuck out of here with logic, reason, and objectiveness. Ban chili!!!!!
              QFRT!

Comment

/thread

Comment

Well put Chili. While I understand the breaking of the site was pretty quick. I have to say there are valid reasons on two fronts.

First, the community itself felt a little sold out in a way. It is obvious that alot of people here felt like it was a place to bs without having to deal with corporate sponsorship beat downs. It was like a little town square that everyone gathered at to have a good time, and Chris owned it. Once the site was sold and splashed with advertisements, it just didn't feel right. It isn't the way this group of guys and girls does things.

On the second front, well, really, fuck canada.

Comment

The pre-banning is dumb and shouldn't happen. And whether or not we should have reacted is open for debate but in the end e acted. We were getting ready to be fed a heaping spoonful of bullshit and through the spoon back.
                    Chris pulled a chickenshit move, aced his friends out and within a day the world went from normal to a change that no one wanted and the collective said no thanks.

Like or not, autocanada would have turned the board into every other board that sucks corporate balls. It's what they do, we stepped off the ride, much like a lot of us did over a decade ago.

In the end, dfwstangs is left in a smoldering pile with Phil wondering wtf just happened. In a lot of respects, it morphed the only possible way it could have. I think what little initial division exists will be ironed out quickly and we can all go back to being the same sick, twisted, dysfunctional family that somehow makes it work that we always were.

Comment

Heavy moderation is to blame for people leaving the site. The free for all nature of the site was the most important part of the culture. The idiots from Canada didn't do their homework.

At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit if the site has a few more letters in the name and is hosted somewhere else. The people are the determining factor.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit if the site has a few more letters in the name and is hosted somewhere else. The people are the determining factor.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Coming from a "newb-ish" perspective:

- If I have the choice to buy American, I will take it. Funding towards the former Website will go to Canada. I don't dislike Canada, but it is not the US.
                          - It was awesome to witness how quickly the new site was up, and how smoothly the technical end of this has gone.
                          - It was very insightful to see how everyone reacted to this. Made alot of the debates and bitching I've seen make a lot more sense.
                          WRX

Comment

I just didn't like how slow the site was getting. I don't know what all went on or why some peoples panties were in a wad and I really don't want to know. All I know is that the people that made that site as entertaining as it was are now here.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2
                              I just didn't like how slow the site was getting. I don't know what all went on or why some peoples panties were in a wad and I really don't want to know. All I know is that the people that made that site as entertaining as it was are now here.
                              BigA has his panties in a wad...

Comment

Working...
                              X