No announcement yet.

Bye bye Stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm likely to need a replacement. I got rear-ended and mine may be totaled.

Sux.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      I'm likely to need a replacement. I got rear-ended and mine may be totaled.

Sux.
      Dang, must have been a big hit, these things can take a beating and usually go away with minor damage.
      Hope you're OK

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Dang, must have been a big hit, these things can take a beating and usually go away with minor damage.
        Hope you're OK
        Not really. The stock rear bumpers are weak as hell. My father in law got tapped in a parking lot off center and it caved it in. Didn’t hardly scratch the little Hyundai. I’ve also seen my fair share of these bumpers folded in. Better get hit in the hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Not really. The stock rear bumpers are weak as hell. My father in law got tapped in a parking lot off center and it caved it in. Didn’t hardly scratch the little Hyundai. I’ve also seen my fair share of these bumpers folded in. Better get hit in the hitch.
          In our 2010 we were going 35, got rear-ended by a girl going about 60, totaled her Acura and barely did any damage to the bumper. It curled in a little towards the righr rear tire, but other than that, nothing much.

That same truck went thru a garage door and pushed a Focus into the garage wall, all it did was scratch the blue oval in the grill!

Comment

Great looking truck man, I like that Blue.

Just picked up a 2018 Crewcab STX, 5.0 in Magnetic this past Monday.
            Last edited by AdRock; 12-22-2018, 11:36 PM.
            "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Hope you're OK
              I was nearly stopped and the kid on an 07 Civic was doing about 70...probably looking at his phone. His insurance is now paying for 4 vehicles. The 4th isn't totaled, but I'm pretty sure 3 are.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I had a metal pipe step in my receiver hitch that is almost touching my rear differential. It lifted the rear of my truck until after I hit the stopped car in front of me. I'll load some pics later.
              86 SVO - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Damn, Charles! I wonder if it is the weaker aluminum bodies, the 2010 we had I think was still steel, and had the old 5.4 engine (which obviously had nothing to do with anything related to this discussion!)

Comment

Damn, Charles! I wonder if it is the weaker aluminum bodies, the 2010 we had I think was still steel, and had the old 5.4 engine (which obviously had nothing to do with anything related to this discussion!)
                  The left bed panel did rip, but the bumper and frame took the brunt of the hit. The frame is supposed to be the strongest 1/2 ton frame built. It's badly bent.
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

The new F150s seem to bend like crazy, but ppl are walking away from crazy wrecks because the vehicle is absorbing and deflecting the impact instead of the passengers

Comment

Working...
                    X