No announcement yet.

If this van is a rocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been digging the idea of a bagged van for a while, but my fab skills and my wallet say no!
    but damn that green one is nice.

Comment

• Green van is sex!

Comment

• I so would do

Comment

• Let's wake this baby up with a VW van.

Comment

• I guess I haven't posted my van here.. I bought it for $3k from Five Star back in May of 2019. AC wasn't working but it was just a vacuum leak I fixed for about $15.. Originally I planned to convert it to 4x4 but after putting close to 30k miles on it with hundreds, if not into the thousands off pavement, I no longer plan to. I'm just going to throw some slightly bigger tires on, along with gears and an LSD (and winch up front).

Stock Regency Conversion when I bought it..

With modifications:

Returning from picking up my Nova from WA in Oct '19

On a California trip last June:

Colorado in July:

Attached Files

Comment

• What kind of mileage towing that Nova?

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                What kind of mileage towing that Nova?
                If I calculated it at the time, I don't recall now, but I don't think it was terrible. I mean, better than a class B RV.

The Nova is light though, under 3,000lbs according to the almighty Google. It towed very well, actually; better than I expected.

I know without I can get high teens if I keep the cruising speed down and it's relatively flat.. It drops fast with variations of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  If I calculated it at the time, I don't recall now, but I don't think it was terrible. I mean, better than a class B RV.

The Nova is light though, under 3,000lbs according to the almighty Google. It towed very well, actually; better than I expected.

I know without I can get high teens if I keep the cruising speed down and it's relatively flat.. It drops fast with variations of those.
                  It looks well put together. What year and drive train?

Comment

• Nice, I sometimes miss my van, but Love my ranger a a tow rig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      It looks well put together. What year and drive train?
                      '03 with the 4.6 / auto / 8.8 rear. It's not terrible and does have the cast intake. It's at ~180k now.

Comment

Working...
                      X