Recommended 1-4x for a 30-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended 1-4x for a 30-30

I think I am over thinking this. I want a decent quality 1-4x for my new 30-30 and while I am tempted to get a Bushnell AR, the SWFA I looked at the other day was really sweet and the TR24, well that thing is bad. I am just having a hard time spending more on the optic then the whole rifle set up. I really liked the two eye 1x on the two higher end optics but just not sure how invested I am at those price points.

Anyone running a 1-4x under 200.00 that is good up close and personal. Seriously just a screw around gun and I might go hunting with it this year since my buddy is always wearing me out about going deer hunting with him.

Whos your Daddy?

Personally I never put optics on a lever action 30-30. Depending on what you're comfortable using for sights you may want to check out the sights offered by this company.

Machined from Solid Bar stock, Skinner Sights offers improved function, durability, and appearance over factory sights. Specializing in Peep Sights - Aperture sights. Check out our innovative and expanding sights, optics and accessories product lines.

I have them on multiple guns and could not be happier with them. In my opinion they are suitable for taking an accurate shot at any range a 30-30 could be used at.

Edit: If that is a Marlin I will give you a rail for it.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

336?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Personally I never put optics on a lever action 30-30. Depending on what you're comfortable using for sights you may want to check out the sights offered by this company.

Machined from Solid Bar stock, Skinner Sights offers improved function, durability, and appearance over factory sights. Specializing in Peep Sights - Aperture sights. Check out our innovative and expanding sights, optics and accessories product lines.

I have them on multiple guns and could not be happier with them. In my opinion they are suitable for taking an accurate shot at any range a 30-30 could be used at.

Edit: If that is a Marlin I will give you a rail for it.
        Thanks but I think I am going with the dual mount system for simplicity.

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        336?
        Yes the 16 inch compact. I liked the black Mossberg but wanted a side eject.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Yes the 16 inch compact. I liked the black Mossberg but wanted a side eject.
          thats the youth one right? 336y? I've been eyeballing the 336's for my next hunting rifle but haven't found one local worth snagging yet.

Comment

CJ refinished the furniture on my grandfather's marlin for me several years back. I love this gun.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

thats the youth one right? 336y? I've been eyeballing the 336's for my next hunting rifle but haven't found one local worth snagging yet.
              No orrrr maybe? It was just a compact truck gun.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              CJ refinished the furniture on my grandfather's marlin for me several years back. I love this gun.

Sexy
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have a couple of used JM stamped ones and I'd sell you one if you need one.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

For a budget 1-4 x 24 optic that is less than $200... The Athlon scopes aren't bad. Also look at the Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5 x 32 scope. They are @ $175.

I almost prefer a red dot for this kind of rifle. They are quicker at target acquisition for under 100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    I have a couple of used JM stamped ones and I'd sell you one if you need one.
                    Dont need one, but def been lusting for one to add to the collection. I live out of state though.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                      For a budget 1-4 x 24 optic that is less than $200... The Athlon scopes aren't bad. Also look at the Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5 x 32 scope. They are @ $175.

I almost prefer a red dot for this kind of rifle. They are quicker at target acquisition for under 100yds.
                      I agree, red dot is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        I agree, red dot is the way to go.
                        I feel like, you guys are not understanding the question!!!!!! I mean if I hate it I can yank it. I just want a little juice at 100-150 yards with out the feeling of non consensual assault on my wallet. This thing is getting a little light also. I am just done with the AR platform I think other than work so it will be my go to around the house gun.
                        Last edited by kingjason; 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          I feel like, you guys are not understanding the question!!!!!! I mean if I hate it I can yank it. I just want a little juice at 100-150 yards with out the feeling of non consensual assault on my wallet. This thing is getting a little light also. I am just done with the AR platform I think other than work so it will be my go to around the house gun.
                          You def want a red dot then . When looking at optics for that type of gun make sure to go with something that has a good eye relief. Don't wanna become a pirate.

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            You def want a red dot then . When looking at optics for that type of gun make sure to go with something that has a good eye relief. Don't wanna become a pirate.

I sent you a PM.
                            If you are set on a scope instead of a red dot... Maybe look at a long eye relief scout scope. The Vortex 2-7x36 crossfire II is cheap and not too bad.

Comment

My Marlin that dad bought for me back in 63'. Tasco 4X was 8 bucks more. Taken it's share of deer..

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                              X