Ford v Ferrari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford v Ferrari

Directed by the genius behind Logan. Early buzz is that it's pretty damn good. They moved it from a June release to November because they think it has a chance in awards (Oscar) season.

Apparently Edsel Ford isn't happy about the way his father is portrayed in the trailer.

Comment

I'm always in for a car movie!
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        Apparently Edsel Ford isn't happy about the way his father is portrayed in the trailer.
        Hah, don’t blame him. Henry II did his part to leave a tarnished image though. He also did great things.

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        I'm always in for a car movie!
        Well yeah, and this is a car movie based one one of the greatest stories in automotive history. Highly recommend the book Go Like Hell. It’s all about this story and one of the best books I’ve ever read.

Comment

Cant' wait. I don't see many movies in the theatre, but I will go see this one in a theatre.

Comment

Will definitely be going to see it when it comes out.
            In the mean time, while you wait, head over to Amazon and watch the documentary The 24 Hour War

trailer:
            Last edited by Strychnine; 06-03-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I think matt Damon might be a little too short to be playing CS, but other than that I think its going to be a bad ass movie. I can't wait to see it...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I think matt Damon might be a little too short to be playing CS, but other than that I think its going to be a bad ass movie. I can't wait to see it...
                How tall was he?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Highly recommend the book Go Like Hell. It’s all about this story and one of the best books I’ve ever read.
                  Just snagged it off audible. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    Just snagged it off audible. thanks.
                    I haven’t listened to the audio version, but if they do a half decent job, you will enjoy. There are absolute legends all over that story.

Comment

I haven’t listened to the audio version, but if they do a half decent job, you will enjoy. There are absolute legends all over that story.
                      I wrote my high school senior research paper on Carol Shelby, and this was pre-internet. My English teacher gave me an A and said he actually enjoyed the paper because it was something he didn't know before he read it. Wish I still had that paper, I wouldn't mind rereading it and comparing it to what we can so easily google on him now.

Comment

I wrote my high school senior research paper on Carol Shelby, and this was pre-internet. My English teacher gave me an A and said he actually enjoyed the paper because it was something he didn't know before he read it. Wish I still had that paper, I wouldn't mind rereading it and comparing it to what we can so easily google on him now.
                        That’s funny. One of my first design projects in school was a Carroll Shelby Heart Foundation ad.

Most people that know of him think of AC cobras and Mustangs, but in the same 18 month span, he did:

Cobra street and racing program
                        Shelby Mustang street and B Production Racing program
                        GT 40/Le Mans
                        Trans Am coupe (A Sedan) racing program
                        Cobra Daytona Racing program

I don’t know when the man slept. Fuckin amazing.

Comment

That’s funny. One of my first design projects in school was a Carroll Shelby Heart Foundation ad.

Most people that know of him think of AC cobras and Mustangs, but in the same 18 month span, he did:

Cobra street and racing program
                          Shelby Mustang street and B Production Racing program
                          GT 40/Le Mans
                          Trans Am coupe (A Sedan) racing program
                          Cobra Daytona Racing program

I don’t know when the man slept. Fuckin amazing.
                          just think how different the world would look today if he didn't have a heart condition and had never given up racing to start building cars!

Comment

just think how different the world would look today if he didn't have a heart condition and had never given up racing to start building cars!
                            Right? Texas chicken farmer who won Le Mans as both a driver and builder. What a stud.

Comment

If yall haven't read the book Go Like Hell you should before the movie comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X