Bought my first Ford ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Ram is killing the game right now. I looked at them all when I bought my latest truck and still went back to the Ram, none could come close to the interior. Sport truck wise I will concede, Raptor hand down. Till 2021......
    I have a 2019 ram 1500 ‘work truck’ meaning it belongs to my employer, I didn't pay for it, so I think that makes my judgement of it a little less partial. It is loaded with all the options though. It’s quieter, rides better, and seems all around better built than the Tahoe we just bought for my wife. That said I still like the Tahoe better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Lot of people complaining that GM quality has gone down in the past decade. That your experience too?
      I've had my 18 SS for almost a year. The only complaint I have about quality is the paint. It's ridiculously bad, I have 6 chips in the trunk deck lid and I have no clue how they got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        Ram is killing the game right now. I looked at them all when I bought my latest truck and still went back to the Ram, none could come close to the interior. Sport truck wise I will concede, Raptor hand down. Till 2021......
        Yup.

My 4th Gen Ram is rock solid. Interior on the new Rams is widely considered the best in the segment. They are nice trucks. Mine has been trouble free. And it loves to tow.

Ford makes a nice F150. Is it superior to other's in the segment? Absolutely not. The rest is subjective taste and brand loyalty. I was a hardcore blue oval guy for many years, that is until I starting having some really negative experiences. Particularly with my last Mustang. And decided to start shopping around with an open mind. Glad I did. I do have to tip my hat to GM in one regard. The power train in my GTO was problem free, it's unfortunate the rest of the car is crapola.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          Yup.

My 4th Gen Ram is rock solid. Interior on the new Rams is widely considered the best in the segment. They are nice trucks. Mine has been trouble free. And it loves to tow.
          My dad had a 4th gen laramie longhorn, and now a 5th gen laramie. The luxury can't be beat in them. He did have issues with broken header bolts on the 4th gen.

All of the hemi rams tow well, even my old 04 was a beast.

Comment

I guess I will believe you guys on Rams, they used to be hog shit. I haven't sat in one in the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              I've got a 15 Tahoe with 100k on it. It's been good. The interior quality is quite terrible, but otherwise a good ride.
              That's what I was referring to, I've been hearing the interiors in the GM stuff have suffered in quality.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              My 4th Gen Ram is rock solid. Interior on the new Rams is widely considered the best in the segment.

Ford makes a nice F150. Is it superior to other's in the segment? Absolutely not. The rest is subjective taste and brand loyalty.
              Sounds like dodge has managed to turn things around. Like brad said, they used to be trash. Ford and GM were by far the superior truck in terms of quality/reliability.

As for the F150, since its not superior, which one is right now?
              WH

Comment

Friend has a Longhorn 4cyl diesel. I don't know what's good with diesels or Rams, but that thing can get up and go as well as being like a Caddy at 95mph while getting 27mpg on the highway.

Comment

I've had 3 of the latest generation Rams. One finally had the MDS lifter failure at 204k. Replaced the cam, lifters, and timing chain, and I bet I'll get another 200k out of it. You get more for your money with a Ram imo.

I do like the Raptors, but just like with an F-250, I can't bring myself to pay what they're asking for a truck. Absolute insanity.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I've had 3 of the latest generation Rams. One finally had the MDS lifter failure at 204k. Replaced the cam, lifters, and timing chain, and I bet I'll get another 200k out of it. You get more for your money with a Ram imo.

I do like the Raptors, but just like with an F-250, I can't bring myself to pay what they're asking for a truck. Absolute insanity.
                    The problem with the rams arent the motors, it's everything else around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I'm not sure that is a true statement anymore.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I'm not sure that is a true statement anymore.
                        This could be very true, especially if the trucks are anything like their SUV's. I was in a Durango GT for a week and I really couldn't find anything to bitch about, that thing had the V-6 and got very good MPG'd too.
                        It had little shit to bitch about, like no rear hatch remote button on the dash, but it was electric operated and had a button to open/close on the door itself. The stereo was weak, but that could be upgraded, other than those small things, it was roomy, comphy and the A/C blew nice and cold.
                        It wasn't as nice as my Explorer Sport or had the power like my Sport, but if I wanted fast I could get the SRT version.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I think the new dodge stuff is seemingly great but I'm still hearing of lots of service issues with them. My neighbor has had his Cummins at the shop like 10x in the last 2 years, it's a 2017
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Two guys I work with have 15' 1500 Rams. They are both raging pieces of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              This could be very true, especially if the trucks are anything like their SUV's. I was in a Durango GT for a week and I really couldn't find anything to bitch about, that thing had the V-6 and got very good MPG'd too.
                              It had little shit to bitch about, like no rear hatch remote button on the dash, but it was electric operated and had a button to open/close on the door itself. The stereo was weak, but that could be upgraded, other than those small things, it was roomy, comphy and the A/C blew nice and cold.
                              It wasn't as nice as my Explorer Sport or had the power like my Sport, but if I wanted fast I could get the SRT version.
                              My wife has an '18 R/T and is one of the best driving SUVs I have driven, if it was up to me she would have ended up in the SRT....

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                Yeah, that’s not accurate.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                I think the new dodge stuff is seemingly great but I'm still hearing of lots of service issues with them. My neighbor has had his Cummins at the shop like 10x in the last 2 years, it's a 2017
                                I can’t speak for the diesels. Mine have all been 1/2 ton with the 5.7. I have personally logged 170k, maybe 180k in the 3 trucks I mentioned previously. 1 truck, I purchased knowing it had the MDS failure already. Only 1 of the other 2 has been in the shop, and it was due to a road hazard popping a hole in the a/c line.
                                Last edited by bcoop; 07-29-2019, 04:29 PM.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X