AT&T Gigapower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Gigapower

Anyone here using AT&T fiber internet service? I'm thinking about switching from my Time Warner internet to Gigapower because I can get 3 times the speed for $20 more per month. My biggest question is how locked down is the router they provide you with? I've read some mixed reviews about bridging their modems and using your own.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Yes. I'm on my 3rd ATT gateway in about 10 months. They don't seem very good, but I have not used any other router with it.

Also note that the wireless signal has about 1/3 the range of the slower/older wireless.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

We just upped our speed last night from 12Mbps to 24Mbps to support internet streaming cameras. Then I had problems with their cheap wi-fi router and went to a Google Wi-Fi mesh system. All seems to be working so far but AT&T changed us from unlimited at 12Mbps to a limited 1024GB on the 24Mbps.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It shouldn't be locked down at all. My sister has uverse and it didn't have any QOS settings but everything else I needed was there.

The wifi part of it does suck though. She has a powerline ethernet adapter with another router plugged in on the other end of the house. Not ideal but it works, sort of.

Btw make sure you check with the cable company. In Benbrook they are switching everyone's basic package to 100/10 and I'm getting 112/12. They also have 300/20 service but want $199.95 for a connection fee and another $40 per month. I know I can run 5 HD streams through PS Vue and my work phone still works so I don't see a need for the 300 service right now.

Comment

Working...
        X