Need a new laptop, Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
    I need a new laptop, I've always had IBM types with windows. Thinking of trying a Mac. I don't want play games, or watch movies on a laptop, just need a computer to surf the net, email, etc. I hear Macs are more user friendly, and more virus resistant. Opinions?
    I bought an HP laptop during black Friday last year for under $200 and does all of that just fine. Spending hundreds of dollars just to email and surf the net is ridiculous.

Comment

I used to be a PC guy. They would last about 2 years.. I bought a MacBook pro. I had that thing 10 years. Still works, but cant update the OS. NEVER had a virus. Never had a crash.. Go mac and dont look back

Comment

I love my 5 year old MacBook Air. Works flawlessly and I can't imagine needing to upgrade any time soon. Great piece of hardware.

Comment

A white macbook can look an awful lot like a pisser whenever you're hammered ... so I've heard.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I'm on my third MacBook (current one I've had since 2013) and on my second iMac (maybe a year newer but don't have it in front of me). I initially got it because we support them at work and wanted/needed to get myself more familiar with them. Really loved the OS and the hardware. My first MacBook was one of the first gen plastic Intel ones and after a couple of years (don't remember exactly) I had problems with the hinge coming loose so there was some play with the screen and I also had problems with the trackpad. My last two "metal" MacBook Airs have been rock solid. Same goes for the iMac's I've had. I lreally ove my Macs.

That being said, I probably won't be buying another one. They are expensive as fuck and I really like Win10 and feel it's catching up with Mac OS. Also a lot of manufacturers are making comparable quality laptops to the MacBook at a cheaper or similar price.

Couple of other thing I'll add. Apple products hold up there values really well if you ever need to resell them. I've always had pretty good luck with selling my stuff when I'm ready to upgrade but I also take good care of it to.

For what you are wanting to do, why not get a Chrome Book? I think they are more virus proof than a Mac or Windows and probably more along with you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
            X