No announcement yet.

SR-71 pilot story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. It's a Mach 3 aircraft at 70k feet or more, not at 2k. Just like the X-15 flew at Mach 6.7 but at 100k feet. Kinda boring to watch actually.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

if we had this technology in 1962, imagine what we have now. i think area 51 is a dog and pony show compared to what super secret shit we have working now...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
        if we had this technology in 1962, imagine what we have now. i think area 51 is a dog and pony show compared to what super secret shit we have working now...
        Our government is so bankrupt right now I wonder if they are training to use Ultralights and hang gliders now.

Comment

I saw this pop up on Facebook today and immediately thought of this thread! It is a great read, even more interesting to hear him tell it!
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Great read! Thanks for sharing, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

I saw this pop up on Facebook today and immediately thought of this thread! It is a great read, even more interesting to hear him tell it!
              Awesome!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

This is when America was great.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Exactly. It's a Mach 3 aircraft at 70k feet or more, not at 2k. Just like the X-15 flew at Mach 6.7 but at 100k feet. Kinda boring to watch actually.
                    Down low the F-104 and F-105 were the fastest game in town with the F-111 being pretty close behind.

5 year bump for the WIN!!!
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Awesome!
                      That WAS awesome! Although I've read the story hundreds of times, I think hearing it from the actual pilot was the best!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                        That's pretty cool as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          That WAS awesome! Although I've read the story hundreds of times, I think hearing it from the actual pilot was the best!
                          Yep, the story is a good read, but hearing him tell it adds a whole new dimension to it!

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Down low the F-104 and F-105 were the fastest game in town with the F-111 being pretty close behind.

5 year bump for the WIN!!!
                            and its still a bad ass story!

Comment

This story makes me want to reread the book, sled driver that was posted here years ago as a download. Thanks to whoever it was that posted that link. I had to see if I still had it, I've changed phones a couple of times. It's a great read.
                              sigpic

Comment

If someone happens to come across the link to that again please pm it to me.
                                1990 GT

Comment

Working...
                                X