The Justice League (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Justice League (2018)

lol. Maybe these twits should concentrate on just making one good movie before they start universe building.

While Man of Steel ended up being one of the most divisive blockbusters of 2013, it's hard to deny its success. Made for an expensive $225 million, the film wound up being a great investment for the folks at Warner Bros., as the Superman film wound up making nearly $670 million worldwide. The high grosses were enough to secure director Zack Snyder the job of helming the sequel, the still untitled Batman vs. Superman, and now comes news that he has secured the job of directing the Justice League movie as well.

The news comes from The Wall Street Journal, which picked up the hot scoop from none other than Warner Bros. President of Worldwide Production Greg Silverman. In addition to confirming that Snyder will direct Justice League, the report also adds that a script is being written and that Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot are expected to reprise their roles as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, respectively. There is no release date currently set, but at this time we shouldn't expect the finished product to be out before 2018 (two years after Batman vs. Superman). Said Silverman of the project,

"It will be a further expansion of this universe. Superman vs Batman will lead into Justice League."

The report also notes that the search is already on for other heroes for the expanded comic book cinematic universe, referencing the casting of theater actor Ray Fisher as Cyborg this past week. The source doesn't have any insight about any other superhero characters we might see eventually join the team, but key Justice League players from the comics include Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Aqua Man - none of whom have been cast yet.

In addition to all of the Justice League talk, the article also has a small tidbit about the development of a Wonder Woman solo film. Speculation about the potential project began in January when it was revealed that Gal Gadot had signed a three picture deal to play Princess Diana of Themyscira. Judging from WSJ's report, that film - if it happens - won't be until after Justice League. Asked about the potential for a Wonder Woman solo movie, Warner Bros. President of Worldwide Marketing Sue Kroll responded, "That is our hope. With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her."

The big news here, of course, is Snyder's hiring. While fans will likely be very divided on this news, it's hard to argue that it's not a potentially good sign for Batman vs. Superman, given that the studio obviously has confidence in the filmmaker's abilities. But now I want to hear what you have to say. Are you excited about Zack Snyder directing the Justice League movie? Answer our poll below!

While Man of Steel ended up being one of the most divisive blockbusters of 2013, it's hard to deny its success. Made for an expensive $225 million, the film wound up being a great investment for the f

I just don't see the appeal of Zack Snyder. He's ham fisted as shit.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I just don't see the appeal of Zack Snyder. He's ham fisted as shit.

He is a terrible director. Like the Michael Bay of comic book movies.

Comment

I can't agree with you guys on that one. Man of steel didn't do much for me but Watchmen is a masterpiece IMO.

Comment

I liked watchmen.

DC sucks

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            I can't agree with you guys on that one. Man of steel didn't do much for me but Watchmen is a masterpiece IMO.

I wanted to like that movie so bad, and I couldn't wait to turn it off. Maybe I'll throw it in my Netflix cue and give it a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I wanted to like that movie so bad, and I couldn't wait to turn it off. Maybe I'll throw it in my Netflix cue and give it a second chance.
              Your milage may vary, but it's a top 5 movie for me. Did the original story justice and actually changed and improved the ending, which is no small feat. It was widely regarded as "unfilmable" for decades. It's a thinking man's comic movie so I would figure you'd like it. Alan Moore is a mad genius.

Comment

Your milage may vary, but it's a top 5 movie for me. Did the original story justice and actually changed and improved the ending, which is no small feat. It was widely regarded as "unfilmable" for decades. It's a thinking man's comic movie so I would figure you'd like it. Alan Moore is a mad genius.
                Translation, I liked Malin akermans boobs.

I thought they were spot on recreating the book and the ending was better in the movie. It's just not an action packed super hero movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Translation, I liked Malin akermans boobs.

I thought they were spot on recreating the book and the ending was better in the movie. It's just not an action packed super hero movie.
                  Hah, what boobs?

Comment

Hah, what boobs?
                    She showed her boobs in the sex scene when they were in the Nite Owls ship.

Frankly, she shows her boobs in most her movies.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      She showed her boobs in the sex scene when they were in the Nite Owls ship.

Frankly, she shows her boobs in most her movies.
                      Yeah, I know. It was more a commentary on those mosquito bites she's sporting. ;-)

Comment

Yeah, I know. It was more a commentary on those mosquito bites she's sporting. ;-)
                        Yeah, Eric's tits are bigger.

Comment

You can just tell a superhero movie will suck when the biggest argument about it is about boobs lol.

Comment

Watchmen is a hard watch. I didn't know if I liked it the first time I watched it. Probably cause it was at the movie tavern. Stone cold sober I think it's one of the best comic book movies. Better than any Marvel movie so far and almost as good as the Dark Night trilogy.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

It will no longer be a two part movie.

Details about the Justice League movie include

Update: A Justice League scene description featuring Gordon, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Cyborg becomes known.

Update #2: A Batman and Flash scene description is released.

Update #3: Official Justice League synopsis revealed.

It will be lighter in tone than Batman Vs. Superman. It will be more fun and will focus on the building of the Justice League uniting against a common threat.

Justice League is said to have a strong Jack Kirby influence, with the story revolving around the pursuit of three Mother Boxes (device that created Cyborg in Batman Vs. Superman): one from Earth, one from Atlantis, and the third from The Amazons.

Justice League takes place months after Batman Vs. Superman, with Bruce Wayne heavily affected by the death of Superman. Batman seeks to honor Superman's death by building the Justice League. It's further said Batman is not as dark as he was in Batman Vs. Superman, but Batman is now full of hope and centered on uniting the Justice League to fight against common threats while at the same time redeeming mankind.

Superman's return will be featured later in the movie, with a large part of the film dealing with Batman uniting the Justice League.

As seen in the Batman Vs. Superman Lex Luthor deleted scene, Steppenwolf will be a key villain, but it sounds like there will be others. Steppenwolf has yet to be cast. Lex may be involved with the Steppenwolf and Darkseid story.

Darkseid will be an influence in the movie, with the parademons scene in the Batman Vs. Superman Nightmare scene reappearing. It's unknown how much of Darkseid will be in the movie.

Ben Affleck confirmed he is directing the solo Batman movie, but they are still getting the script right.

Affleck is said to be executive producing Justice League to oversee Batman.

Batman's suit will get upgrades, and a new and improved version of the Armored Batman suit will reappear at the end of Justice League.

Bruce Wayne will build a Waynetech carrier, The Flying Fox, for the Justice League. Batman will also have a new vehicle, The Nightcrawler, which was designed by his father, Thomas Wayne (said to play a large role in an underground tunnel battle).

Willem Dafoe's role is revealed, which is a mentor to Jason Momoa's Aquaman named Vulko. It's said Vulko is more of an early Atlantean as he has gils, meaning the Atlanteans adapted to breathing underwater at some point.

Amber Heard is playing Mera, described as a warrior and a sorceress.

JK Simmon's Gordon looks pretty much like you expect (mustache, etc.).

The Flash will be comic relieve in Justice League. The Ezra Miller Flash costume will be initially made from spacesuit material held together by electrified wire. Waynetech will design a new costume for The Flash, seen by the end of the movie.

Ray Fisher's Cyborg costume will be all CGI.

Junkie XL is returning to score Justice League. Some of Hans Zimmer's previous music will be used.

Zack Snyder teases when - and if - we see the return of Superman, his hair may be a little longer (a nod to the death and return of Superman story from the DC Comics).

"Justice League" has a November 17, 2017 release directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Willem Dafoe as the Atlantean, Vulko.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X