Property Tax dispute¿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Tax dispute¿

Curious if anyone has had positive results this year? I have been told when we go in we will first be offered a deal before we go to the board members. If we do not take the first deal we are then at the mercy of the board?

Not me, howdy stranger!

Comment

They claimed to offer me a discount this year, however, it did not affect my assessed value. I opted to take it to the board and I am paying someone for representation for that. Last year I got a very significant decrease, mostly due to the difference in purchase price vs. appraised price. I still have the ~$10K worth of improvements that are needed in the way of fence replacement, HVAC replacement, and grading/drainage resolution. It is also becoming more apparent that we are going to need some foundation work in the near future.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Denton county actually countered lower than what I said it was worth. I did everything online and didn't have a hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
          Denton county actually countered lower than what I said it was worth. I did everything online and didn't have a hearing.

You came out good on that deal! My first dispute was last year, they didn't give up the farm, I still paid $5K less than they offered on their value, however, I felt I got a fair offer and went with it. This year, it was far from what I felt was reasonable given last years number and the lack of changes to the home during the tax period. So, I'm shelling out $125 for a local realtor to handle it. I'm just too damn busy to put up the fight this year, with the kid due any day now and busy as hell at work.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I bought some land in Keller a few months ago for a decent amount. For many years, the price has been fixed due to over 65, homestead, veteran, etc. I buy it a few months ago from the estate and I happened to notice the proposed value for 2016 on Monday. The protest deadline was Monday. I never got the card in the mail because they apparently mailed it to the busted up mailbox at the property and I don't live there.

Guess what? They TRIPLED the value. I literally almost had a heart attack when I saw that and saw the protest deadline was on Monday and it was Monday. I was SO lucky that I happened to check tad.org that afternoon for some random reason (hadn't looked there in a few months and wanted to know if they had switched the property to my name).

Anyway, was able to get a protest postmarked that day by running over to a post office open late. I did certified/return receipt on the protest form.

I called the appraisal district and after a few attempts, finally got a hold of a fairly nice lady. She said if I brought in my closing statement and/or appraisal of the property since it's so recent they will lower it to that. Which, by the way, is half of their current proposed value.

Cliff Notes: Tarranty County Appraisal District is a bunch of thieving crooks.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              I bought some land in Keller a few months ago for a decent amount. For many years, the price has been fixed due to over 65, homestead, veteran, etc. I buy it a few months ago from the estate and I happened to notice the proposed value for 2016 on Monday. The protest deadline was Monday. I never got the card in the mail because they apparently mailed it to the busted up mailbox at the property and I don't live there.

Guess what? They TRIPLED the value. I literally almost had a heart attack when I saw that and saw the protest deadline was on Monday and it was Monday. I was SO lucky that I happened to check tad.org that afternoon for some random reason (hadn't looked there in a few months and wanted to know if they had switched the property to my name).

Anyway, was able to get a protest postmarked that day by running over to a post office open late. I did certified/return receipt on the protest form.

I called the appraisal district and after a few attempts, finally got a hold of a fairly nice lady. She said if I brought in my closing statement and/or appraisal of the property since it's so recent they will lower it to that. Which, by the way, is half of their current proposed value.

Can you help me out? Check your PMs. I have a lot that quadrupled as well and they want $12k in taxes...up from $2k I have paid the previous 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                Can you help me out? Check your PMs. I have a lot that quadrupled as well and they want $12k in taxes...up from $2k I have paid the previous 2 years.

I responded. Good luck, man. TAD is going nuts.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

I'm in Denton county and they raised mine to 390. I argued it was only $320k and they countered at $370. In this market I don't think I could do much better so I took it. I did it all online though. I am a realtor so did pull local comps to use but the market is just hot so I didn't have much to argue. I'll take $20k and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    Yes. My taxes went up by $3k this year. I'm not too happy about that but I'll take the gentrification and move on with life.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I took the deal instead of going to the board. They offered 15k less.

Comment

Maybe I should list my place witb the market like it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Don't worry guys, the school districts will waste every dime you give them on useless shit and then complain about being broke again as soon as the real estate markets blow up.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I didn't even bother to argue with Denton CAD. Hunt Co. though we did alright on our dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Don't worry guys, the school districts will waste every dime you give them on useless shit and then complain about being broke again as soon as the real estate markets blow up.
                              Isn't that the truth.

I hired ola tax in southlake for my rentals in watauga. Like quickag and 8mpg there is no cap in the yearly increase amount. I will report back when they go through the hearing. They take 50% of the savings. No fee upfront.
                              2006 Civic SI
                              2009 Pilot
                              1988 GT
                              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Working...
                              X