No announcement yet.

Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also just finished it, good stuff! I loved the 80's vibe. Winona Ryder was probably the worst part IMO.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I also just finished it, good stuff! I loved the 80's vibe. Winona Ryder was probably the worst part IMO.
      I thought she did a good job, the problem was she was off her rocker from the first moment. I saw an article somewhere that interviewed the creators, and they said that if they could change one thing, they wouldn't start her character off "at 11".

Comment

I didn't mind her character at all. As a parent, I'd be flipping my shit if my son was missing.

They absolutely got everything right, IMO. The tone, the music, and the story is well done.

We binged it over a few days. It's like crack.

Comment

We finished it last night.

Excellent show. wood dew again.

My only negative thought was the effects were lacking. Mainly the monster.

Comment

That is their style, keeps it in your imagination.

Comment

I keep forgetting to check this out. Need to get on it tonight..

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                We finished it last night.

Excellent show. wood dew again.

My only negative thought was the effects were lacking. Mainly the monster.
                If it were a movie done by ILM, yeah, but as TV shows go, I thought it was quite good.

Comment

Watched the first two episodes and it's certainly got my interest. Only thing I want to know is if this is going to be one of those shows like Lost or others where you never ultimately figure out what is really going on. If so I will just stop now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Watched the first two episodes and it's certainly got my interest. Only thing I want to know is if this is going to be one of those shows like Lost or others where you never ultimately figure out what is really going on. If so I will just stop now. lol
                    You get a pretty good idea of how/why they're in this mess, but maybe not an answer to the greater existential questions behind what they're up against. I found the ending to be very satisfying, while still keeping the door open for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      You get a pretty good idea of how/why they're in this mess, but maybe not an answer to the greater existential questions behind what they're up against. I found the ending to be very satisfying, while still keeping the door open for next season.
                      Cool, thanks!

Comment

I got sucked in last night and watched episodes 1-5 and hope to finish it tonight. They did a GREAT job at giving it the whole early 80's look and feel - I was impressed. This might sound weird, but the characters don't look like modern actors trying to act and dress like people did back then, they actually look like people that would have been cast in those roles back in the early 80's. The only possible exception to that might be 11. In 1983 I was 11 years old and played my fair share of D&D like those kids, and sadly enough, my nerd knowledge from it helped me figure out where they were going with the story about an episode or 2 before they began revealing it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                          I got sucked in last night and watched episodes 1-5 and hope to finish it tonight. They did a GREAT job at giving it the whole early 80's look and feel - I was impressed. This might sound weird, but the characters don't look like modern actors trying to act and dress like people did back then, they actually look like people that would have been cast in those roles back in the early 80's. The only possible exception to that might be 11. In 1983 I was 11 years old and played my fair share of D&D like those kids, and sadly enough, my nerd knowledge from it helped me figure out where they were going with the story about an episode or 2 before they began revealing it. LOL!
                          I feel everyone should take note there were no fat characters in the show. Except for the chubby stereotypical nerd kid.

Comment

Great series that played on all the fun 80s movies (Stand By Me, Aliens, Goonies , Close Encounters etc) which is probably why I liked it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I feel everyone should take note there were no fat characters in the show. Except for the chubby stereotypical nerd kid.
                              Dr. Dave was one of the producers?

Comment

That and people were less fat in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                                X