X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ls swap. if that doesn't work, try battery
    WRX

Comment

well charged the battery and was getting 13+ v put it in the motorcycle and same thing no click at the solenoid, headlight and neutral light still dimming when pressing the start button, i dont think it could be the kickstand relay could it? if it was in neutral it shouldnt matter right???

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

have you had the battery load tested? 12-13v doesnt necessarily mean shit. failing batterys can cause all kinds of weird issues

Comment

i did not, ok so im gonna go get one tomorrow morning, got another question tho, if it was the battery, wouldnt it crank or something when jumping it with a car? when i hooked it up to the car it did the same thing it always does. first i tried it with the car turned off and then with the car on and still nothing

Comment

Is the start switch in the right position?

Comment

yes, when its not in the right position the headlight and the neutral light do not dim, i even took apart the starter button and cleaned the insides

Comment

Have you tried to push start it? The Shovel and I remembered the good ole days of push starting until I learned it's quirks, well, and bought an odyssey. Maybe the starter or solenoid depending on the bike. Can you access the starter and solenoid? Easy to trouble shoot with a volt meter. Touch the noid and see if it gets 12v when you hit start. If so, see if the starter gets 12v when you hit the button. Jump starting will work if the battery has not completely failed. If the plates are fubar then even jump starting it won't work. And yes a good ole screw driver will start it if you can touch the hot from the starter to the solenoid. You know, like the old Mustangs on the fender. Probably the easiest car to test the starting system.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

no didn't try to push start it, gonna see what happens with this new battery

Comment

well its not the battery, picked up a new battery this morning and it did the same thing

Comment

looking for the wiring diagram to see if I can trace back the issue

Comment

battery. hmm so you fucked something up by changing handle bars? did you have to cut and solder wire for apes, or internal wire? if the problem only happened after your tinkering with the bars, now im questioning the kill switch or clutch safety switch.

does your headlight cut off while pushing the start switch like its meant to?

Comment

Working...
                        X