Fort Worth area Mechanic recommendations for the wife's Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth area Mechanic recommendations for the wife's Edge

Wife's mom-mobile needs some general maintenance, just threw a CEL and I want to handle the water pump as a precaution. Anybody on my side of the world that you guys trust?

I just don't have time to mess with it myself and I don't trust the stealership.

Paul/greenbullit

Comment

If not Paul, try my friend Roy Heath. He is mobile and everyone I know that has used him has nothing but positive things to say about him. He's a jeep guy too.

Quality Automotive repair located at 10720 Tube Drive suite 14 Hurst Texas 76053. Visit our site for more information and links to our community efforts.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I didn't know if Paul would be interested in general maintenance stuff rather than performance. I must've lost his contact info. Hook a brotha up?

Comment

You might want to consider that, it might not be worth
          spending that much money on preventing the water pump
          problem. A great used one is only twice the pump price...

We now have 160K and counting. My wife loves it
          and, when it breaks... We will buy another used one.

GL

Comment

if you're in HEB hit up DFW Frame and Alignment on pipeline road, tell Jimmy or JR that Kyle sent you. When I lived there they did all the stuff I wasn't interested in, and do maintenance on my moms and friends cars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
              You might want to consider that, it might not be worth
              spending that much money on preventing the water pump
              problem. A great used one is only twice the pump price...

We now have 160K and counting. My wife loves it
              and, when it breaks... We will buy another used one.

GL
              I'll second this. My wife's 2010 Edge lost the motor last summer on the way to Omaha for baseball. We had it towed back, and the engine sounded strong when coming off the truck. Turned out shot though. It had overheated and had water in the oil. It was in fact the water pump had let go. Engine had about 105K on it if I remember, maybe more. We found a used engine with 24K on it for like $850. Car runs great now, and I'm hoping to get another 100K or more out of it. I think book time on water pump replacement was 14 hours or something stupid. Definitely less money to just replace the engine (minus my tow bill from Kansas and some jackwad mechanic billing me for time he spent seeing if he could fix it).

Comment

Paul is buried right now, 2nd opinion is good over in Haltom shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Paul is buried right now, 2nd opinion is good over in Haltom shitty.
                  You killed him?

Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 08-23-2017, 12:33 PM.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Bwahahaha! Nah, he has been 7 days a week at work for a while.

Comment

anyone know someone worth a shit around ellis county to work on 5.3 suburban?

already had one fuck-up take 700 bucks from me doing a water pump and managed to get the knock sensors wet

Comment

What part of Ellis county and what do you need done?

Comment

red oak area. need the knock sensors replaced

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            anyone know someone worth a shit around ellis county to work on 5.3 suburban?

already had one fuck-up take 700 bucks from me doing a water pump and managed to get the knock sensors wet
                            That must be a bad ass pump. At least intakes are pretty easy to remove.

Comment

I thought I'd resurrect this thread.
                              The pump in my wife's 2011 Edge just took out the engine while running down the highway.

How has there not been a class action lawsuit against Ford for this design?
                              This engine is in thousands of family trucksters as well as thousands of F150s.
                              That's a lot of people who are going to get zero warning and lose the engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X